Honesty versus Politeness

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fran17

Re: Honesty versus Politeness

Post by Fran17 »

Good for you Logic! It's very unreasonable to be told you can't attend at the last minute, especially as parents will have taken time off work etc. and the children will have been looking forward to having them present. Their last day at primary school is a very special day for all sorts of reasons. Most schools expect a great deal of support and involvement from parents these days and it is very unfair of the school not to invite you to the leavers' assembly.

I hope you have a great day and enjoy the occasion. :D
logic32

Post by logic32 »

We are all a bit stunned actually. Apparently it was only an unofficial invite, as parents have always previously been allowed to go we all assumed things were the same this year. No one has ever been told this wasn't the case until today. Seems totally crazy to me! Though to be honest I'm wondering if they are worried about what some of the boys might say.

I'm hoping if enough of us 'storm the building' tomorrow they will let us in.

Just off to paint my banner......
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Let us know what he says, (as I know you'll be there to witness it!)
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Due to the general outcry, parents have now been told that although we are not invited, anyone who turns up will not be sent away. But there is no room for us and we may have to stand outside. Very welcoming then !

So at least I will definately hear what he says, can't wait !

Shame though as I'd made a lovely placard.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Have the parents, teachers and children swelled in numbers or size since last year then?

I hope your son changes the "well most of them", to "nearly all of them" - sounds better but it's worse really!!
logic32

Post by logic32 »

We are a 'large' bunch of mums so maybe that's why ????
The hall has been changed slightly to accomodate a new staff room but certainly doesn't seem any smaller.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Please let us know the outcome! Can't wait to hear what your DS said "some of them", "not all of them", "none of them", "all of them, except her" (pointing finger). Were you allowed in?

I hope it all went smoothly, without any hitches and you were all allowed to just sit back and enjoy it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

So what happened...........?

Can't wait to hear.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

logic32 and friends obviously have had to sit on their hands in the headmistress's study and are allowed home yet :wink:
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Total anti-climax !

There were only about 10 parents who showed up so we were allowed to stand at the back. No talking mind.

My son just said, "................ and thanks to all my fantastic teachers"

He decided he might offend one of the teachers he did like if he added anything else, so in many ways I'm pleased and proud of him.

In a tiny way slightly disappointed!!!!! ( I'm clearly an evil woman )

However ( and this sounds childish ) I deliberately went and saw Mrs Awful to ask for his SATs gradings as we only recieved a number on the reports. I was carrying wine bottles for my daughters teachers and some of his old teachers. She clearly was expecting me to hand one over - I didn't.

So I have learnt that my 11 year old son is more mature than me.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now