Days out-kent

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: Days out-kent

Post by doodles »

It's actually very nice Scarlett. Three pools, ranging from a puddle for toddlers upwards, and they have a nice coffee shop with a soft play frame in too. There are loads of activities going on over the summer, from toddler play to street dance, pottery, painting, trampolining etc etc. If you google Sencio and select Sevenoaks then all the details come up.

Don't know how close to Sevenoaks you are Scarlett but the play area at Hollybush park has just been redone and is nice for the younger ones and there's also pay and play tennis and a huge grass area for footie etc. parking is free and again there is a nice coffee shop - see a pattern developing? :lol: :lol: :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'll go anywhere as long as there's a nice coffee shop , Doodles ! I shall look into that , I'm about 15 minutes away from Sevenoaks and do go quite a lot, usually to Knole Park and Lorimers :roll: oh, and The White Stuff for me. :P

The tennis sounds good as my boys both like playing ... I aslo frequent Dunloran Park...shall look out for you with your blond, swinging ponytail. :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

scarlett wrote:shall look out for you with your blond, swinging ponytail. :)

..... and tutu :lol: :lol: :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

scarlett wrote:
Going back to Leeds Castle...can you just walk into the grounds ? have they not clocked on and put someone there to check if you have paid ?
Its a public footpath into Leeds Castle by the pub that goes across the golf course so they can't close it. You can accidentally stray from the path once you are in the grounds.... just sayin :oops:

No one ever checks if you have strayed. :wink:
Impossible is Nothing.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Mote Park leisure centre is okay, but we prefer Larkfield. Its a nicer pool.

Haven't been to Dunloren or Botany Bay, buy will definitely them. And that Leeds castle footpath is a definite!

For theatres, have you looked at Lastminute.com? We've been to the Assembly Theatre in T. Wells a few times and seen some good productions there.

Scarlett- for tennis, try South Park, Clare Park or Penenden Heath in Maidstone - all local tennis courts. P. Heath has a good play area and a huge field for football, tennis etc (tennis courts behind large hedge by bottle bank). Also, there are summer tennis courses at Penenden Heath Tennis Academy.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I am really keen on going for theatre in London and wondered if anyone has clever ideas on how we can do it on the cheap.
I've tried to find this too and it seems you need to wait until they have student id and you're a senior citizen, then you can get standby tickets!

If you're happy to wait until the day there's the Leicester Square ticket office:

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/tkts/about_tkts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For other London stuff try this:

http://www.visitlondon.com/attractions/kids-go-free" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Oh yes, last year I was given ballet tickets for myself and my DD which were an awful lot of money and whilst we were in the reception area there were people buying last minute tickets from the box office for 10 pounds :)

I suppose it depends how big your family is ,you may not get all seats together ?

Thanks for the tennis ideas, PC. We actually have a tennis club at the bottom of our road, but it's a bit highbrow and they're a bit sniffy about the boys playing there on their own :evil:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'm having a vision now of us all trotting down the Leeds Castle footpath....Sherry leading at the front, umbrella in the air to aid the stragglers at the back. ( wearing your best tutu a must ).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now