Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

no_ball

Re: Rioting....?

Post by no_ball »

It's almost like a scene from 'I am legend'
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

DH has been told he has to stay on after his shift tonight to head up a riot van in the city where he polices - then after that he may go to London. This is all after working a 10 hr shift :evil:
Chilled

Post by Chilled »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote:Is there anyway the public can start a petition to get the army in? It would send a huge message to these thugs that the people of Britain were standing up against them!
Anyone can set up a petition on the government's e-petitions website.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Post by forumadmin »

One suggestion would be for the Police to be armed with paint and spray all the looters.
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

A friend of mine who works for a Gov Dept in Stratford has just rang me to say her office is being closed and they are all being sent home. All the shops are closing too.

They must be expecting more trouble again tonight.

That's Stratford - scene for the 2012 Olympics - maybe a good thing we didn't get any tickets!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Waiting_For_Godot wrote: bullets to the knee-caps in my opinion. They need a sharp message!

I cannot agree with this.Aren't our soldiers fighting and risking their lives against the likes of the Taliban who have a "shoot now - ask questions later" approach to justice. I am proud of our justice system which, although flawed, is fairer than many.

These riots need stronger policing and the full weight of the justice system but let's remember that we have values that separate us from the rioters.

I have seen some terrible groups on facebook calling for rioters to "be strung up " etc etc Let's surely look for justice - not revenge....?

(IMHO - I'm off now)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OH is in Manchester today.

He says there's rumblings about things happening there tonight. He says you can feel the tension in the air and there's a visible police presence already.

He's just left on the train to come hom - thank goodness!

I do hope people are sensible and realise they can't carry on like this and just not bother. They WILL be caught in the end!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

DH works in London and just rung to say he's coming home because they are closing shops and stations in his area, presumably to protect people and limit mobilisation of rioters.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

There's scum and then there's lower than scum - see here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

The BBC's coverage is irritating at the moment, it is so oriented towards what happened last night, just wish they would update what is happening now so that people working in and around London can work out how they are going to get home tonight.

Bananas whereabouts (roughly of course) is your DH coming from/what stations closing? Just want to give DH some uptodate info.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now