Ban on Skirts for girls is gathering momentum.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: Ban on Skirts for girls is gathering momentum.

Post by scarlett »

Male teachers must feel uncomfortable with some of the girls revealing outfits. I'm suprised they don't complain.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In my experience, short skirts seem to be a greater problem in all girls schools. Especially en route to the school when they are not in sight of either a parent or a teacher :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I didn't realise it had become such an issue although I had noticed that some girls getting off the bus from the local upper school were wearing little more than belts .
I wonder if this one of our local upper schools, Andy (royal blue jumpers)? Even DD passed comment on them and she rolls her skirt up. The "skirts" these girls were wearing MUST mean that they spend all their time fidgeting with them when they are sitting in lessons trying to pull them down over their underwear! :lol: :lol:
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

The strange thing is that I never notice girls wearing extremely short skirts at the weekend.
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

mad? wrote: That said, the woeful choice of dress of the teenagers at DCs' school is not my biggest disappointment and, with a 12 and 14 year old I am learning not to sweat the small stuff. :D
I agree wholeheartedly! I am constantly aghast by the length (or lack of!) of the skirts of the girls at my DDs all girls school, I am surprised they can walk along let alone upstairs without showing the world their underwear. But with two teenagers I pick my arguments wisely!

(the boys aren't much better they just show their underwear from the top down!)
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

scarlett wrote:The strange thing is that I never notice girls wearing extremely short skirts at the weekend.
No they don't do they! :) But some do wear extremely short shorts!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

In my day it was pencil skirts - they were tight rather than short!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

................with a big split up the back ( larger girls had an extended spilt, if you know what I mean.)
mad?

Post by mad? »

I seem to remember marigold mentioning problems with 'tramp top' when invigilating GCSE exams...if it's not too short one way then it's 'too low' the other...
mad?
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

...............and I remember feeling rather s e x y if my bra strap was showing..those were the days :)