Thank you everyone!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Re: Thank you everyone!

Post by mystery »

Glad he had a better day Scarlett. And Pheasantchick yes it quite often takes a long time for the boys to get their little gangs together. It took a couple of relatives weeks / months at TWGSB and then they went right through the school with a really lovely group each who were just right for them.

I'm waiting for the day mine can just find their clothes and breakfast and go. Spent ages looking for a tie today that would not make an appearance. Think I'm going to have to knit another one as there don't seem to be any spares available to buy anywhere in the world.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just copy DS2 who leaves his school clothes draped across the bedstead , covering his head ....all ready to slip on in the morning...or maybe get a dog ? Ours has spent quite a lot of time in DS1 new tie, keeping it warm and with 4 paws can already tie the most complicated of knots.

On another note...PPMum...we are all waiting to hear how DD has got on you know ! Make sure you update us as soon as you know . :)
sp

Post by sp »

FWIW my DS has just gone into Year 12 at TWGSB and loves it!! His group of friends has stayed pretty constant and all seem to be lovely young men, good all-rounders, v polite and not in trouble (that I hear about anyway!)

All this after a traumatic summer before he started there and, I learnt much later, the first day spent mainly crying! He is a happy, bright lad who is fiercely loyal to his school and friends and I am hoping will produce his best results at the end of his school career.

I know for you "new" Mums all this seems a lifetime away but in reality it will fly by and your DC will forget any current anxieties much quicker than you!
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

So glad to hear everyone's good news - our kids are so much more resillient than we are, aren't they? :oops:
scarlett wrote:On another note...PPMum...we are all waiting to hear how DD has got on you know ! Make sure you update us as soon as you know . :)
Not a bad day. She doesn't like like the 'boy, girl, boy, girl' seating policy - apparently she spends tutor group sitting between 'two maniacs.' Other than that, no complaints and she wants to join the trampolining club.

Cautious optimism. :)
sp

Post by sp »

"sitting between 'two maniacs.' "

That's boys alright!!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That's good news , PPMum....when they stream them , she will probably be with like minded individuals and the trampolining club sounds great. :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Trauma of trauma I waved my "baby" off in long trousers for the first time today, previously he has been in shorts and they change to long trousers when they go into year 5. I cried.....
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My DS2 has gone back in trousers having spent since Easter in shorts and they do look more grown up ! I prefer him in shorts ...he looks like such a country boy, but they are getting on ! Can you believe they are year 5, Doodles ?! My baby is now in year 3 ...I just want time to stay still...............
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

scarlett wrote:My baby is now in year 3 ...I just want time to stay still...............
My youngster is in Year 3 too. We don't have to pick them up from a teacher on the door at the end of school any more, they just come pouring out into the playground. I actually didn't recognise him today - combination of being taller and less baby faced than I remembered and his recent experimentation with 'sun-in' which has left him almost ginger! :?

Not sure about wanting time to stand still though - I'm feeling very proud of them both at the moment, and enjoying their growing up journey.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'd like time to stand still...can't bear how quickly it's all going and soon they will all be doing their own thing.Looking through the ELC brochure and wishing I could buy one of those nice wooden ovens and a sandpit.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now