New Scientist Magazine Student Subscription

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nigs

New Scientist Magazine Student Subscription

Post by nigs »

Does anyone know where I can find a good subscription price for "New Scientist"? I phoned them and got a price of £89 for a yearly student subscription. Can I find anything cheaper?
solimum

Re: New Scientist Magazine Student Subscription

Post by solimum »

That's actually not a bad price. The cover price is £3.50 and at 51 issues a year (...pause for mental arithmetic) the student rate is about a 50% discount. My son is hoping to get a shared subscription for himself and his student flatmates next year, he doesn't come often enough to read ours!
nigs

Post by nigs »

Thanks, Solimum

Will go for that then.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It might be worth asking at school as sometimes cheaper offers (one third the price) are available.

School library might also have a copy to borrow for free :D
sp

Post by sp »

Is there an App to download that might be used on the bus, in spare moments etc? I know I sound really up to the minute but i know that my DS would rather use modern technology than sit and read. He has just started A levels and is being encouraged to read newspapers. So far he finds the Telegraph on the iPad quite an attraction so I'm happy for him to continue!
nigs

Post by nigs »

sp

New Scientist is also available as a Digital Edition through Zinio. It says "Digital Editions are easy to read and perfect for those who want to read New Scientist on their computer or iPad"

You can try this link:

http://gb.zinio.com/browse/publications ... =500600973" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sp

Post by sp »

Thanks nigs, I'll give it a go (or rather get DS to do it, that's his department!)