Thank you everyone!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pheasantchick

Thank you everyone!

Post by pheasantchick »

This morning we dropped our DS off at his new school, in his slightly too big uniform, and shining black shoes.

A huge big thank you to everyone who got us there, especially the mods ( does anyone else picture them on 1960s scooters), the Kent mob, and everyone else who has educated me on all aspects of schools ( independents, other regions etc), kept my spirits up with cheery and hilarious posts, and posted some superb and apt pictures.

One down, and one to go!
:D :P :D :P :D :P :D
scary mum

Re: Thank you everyone!

Post by scary mum »

Hope it goes well. They have gone back early - mine don't start until Weds/Thurs.
scary mum
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Brilliant news, hope he has a good time and eventually grows into the uniform!
:D
Mind you I bet the shoes won;t stay shiny for long
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What a great feeling - enjoy it! Hope he has a fantastic day.

A mod keeping his eyes out for 'dodgy' posts :lol:

blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

My dd started today too.

it was a bit emotional for me. Had to drop her off and watch her go in all by herself. I cant wait to see her this afternoon hoping it all went well.

Just like Pheasantchick, I want to say thank you to everyone too that has been on this journey with words of encouragement, advice, various opinions and experience. Your support has been truly appreciated.

I will stay on the forum hoping to help others that are going through the process too.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Its bittersweet isnt it? Hopefully your kids have a great first day. Keep us posted on how they got on PC and BM.

My DD is starting next Thursday so still have a couple more days to go. Its really strange thinking it was us going through the 11+ bandwagon only a year ago. Soon it will be GCSE before we have even blinked.

I am hooked to the forum...

It got me hooked and obsessed to all thing 11+ related and I learnt things I would have never known. While my DD didnt exactly sail through the 11+ its the knowledge that I acquired from here that led me to research on other alternatives. I doubt this would have ever happened had I not seen this obsessive bunch here and got a little curious as to what the independent section was about. :D

It was also pretty hard sharing how you feel exactly with "normal" people who felt there are better things to worry about that 11+. Oh yeah I know :roll:

...and the lovely pm I got from people in my darkest moments. I am so happy that ours is a happy ending and DD is really looking forward to her new school, we wouldn't have asked for a better school for her.
Impossible is Nothing.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

pheasantchick wrote:one to go!
:D :P :D :P :D :P :D
When is your next one?

Mine is still only little and have to worry about getting him a reception place next year :lol:

I would like to think that I would never ever have to put my child through 11+ again but who knows maybe I will feel different in a few years time.
Impossible is Nothing.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Hi Pheasantchick just wanted to say I hope your DS had a wonderful first day at his new school. I wish him lots of happiness and success. He obviously has a very supportive Mum! I agree with you how wonderful everyone is on here, and like you said especially the mods. :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

I do hope that everyone's dc's have a great start to their secondary school careers. I am sure that they will all do splendidly with such encouraging and supportive parents.

I still cannot believe that my ds is about to start yr8 and that ds2 is about to start on the 11+ trail.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Thanks for all your comments. DS had a good day except for they played rugby all afternoon - tiring into todays heat.

DS 2 is about to go into year 5 so he will be sitting the 11+ exam in a years time.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now