Bullying.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Puzzled Mum

Re: Bullying.

Post by Puzzled Mum »

Thanks Scarlett and Cairo for your advice. We've put last week behind us and he came home happy yesterday. He's quite quick with one-liners and made a boy look really childish (his words) yesterday when he started messing around with ds' locker and some of the other boys agreed with ds, so hopefully this boy will leave him alone. He's not particularly sporty (a reason I wasn't sure of an all boys school in the first place), but I'm hoping he'll find something. The school are also aware and are keeping an eye on things, so that's reassuring. We invited a friend from his old school over at the weekend and they had a great time, so that cheered him up. Fingers crossed for this week! And .... roll on half-term! Thanks again.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That's great news ! You don't want to spend the day all choked up wondering how DS is.I think if he can keep up the verbal one liners, that makes him look clever and cool and also that he isn't bothered ! That's what I tell my son anyway. I was speaking to a Dad the other day who said his sons bus pass was taken by some horrid older boy and he wanted to get on the bus and hoik off the little oik ...but of course you can't....so well done for equipping your son with the courage to sort it himself .It's a great life skill and I expect he feels really good about himself now. :)
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

That's great to hear Puzzled Mum. It's good that he has dealt with it himself, as Scarlet said that will give him confidence. Don't worry about him not being sporty. My youngest swims and belongs to a running club out of school but doesn't take part in any sport at school other than what he does in Games and P.E. He is now in Year 8, in his all boys school and has a lovely group of friends, most of whom aren't sporty either. It is very early days, they are probably all sizing each other up at the moment. One boy who was a bit off with him on his first day has turned out to be a good friend. I hope your son starts to enjoy his time at his new school.