VR and NVR How important are they?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
patient

VR and NVR How important are they?

Post by patient »

I think VR and NVR are major factors in the 11+ and entry tests. The only reason i think this is because although my son is very good at maths..90%-100% in tests. English not so good,usually about 80%..He was so good at the VR and NVR when he was practicing them at home. Even some i couldn't work out! Obviously if you are good at the reasoning then you are able to work things out easier/quicker....Therefore,easier to teach. I think Joshua passed because of these tests. Does anyone agree with me? What do others think......I would love to know the secret.
By the way i was told he did really well! Why wont they tell you how well? Its maddening. :?
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

Which area are you in? In Bexley we got the 4 standardised scores plus the aggregate score given as part of the results. I think generally that at the higher end of the scale NFER say there is likely to be a difference of not more than about 10 between any 2 of the child's papers.

In my daughter's case, 3 scores were within a couple of marks of each other and the fourth was eleven less than the highest, so the above seems about right in her case.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now