Pressies For older Boys

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

um

Re: Pressies For older Boys

Post by um »

I forgot to mention the 'Brightminds' website (and I am not a shareholder!).
I bought quite a lot of great things there for my ds1,2 and 3 last Eid. There's quite a few quirky puzzle toys and games for boys who like that kind of thing.
Also some good family games that are different to what is usually sold on the high street.

This is quite a cute stocking filler:

http://www.brightminds.co.uk/science-to ... al-kit.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ETA - I do like this one too:
http://www.brightminds.co.uk/science-to ... -clock.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

My sons wouldn't forgive us if we didn't put an itunes (am I allowed to say that) card in their stockings. Also if you go to a well known 'super' high street chemist they do miniature bottles of aftershave, so you can get a selection. We also tend to go for books, clothes, calendars or computer games. The Guinness Book of Records still goes down well with our 12 year old.

I would like to add we got our older two DSs electric shavers as it was carnage in the bathroom when we let them loose with razors. :lol:
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks everyone for the super ideas. I've really enjoyed reading through this thread, lovely too to read a thread with a complete lack of angst! :lol: I like the magazine subscription, but it's so hard choosing just one! Also the itunes voucher. I agree, minesatea, if they have one particular passion you can add bits, but I think we may wait another year before splashing out on a cornet for DS. :) Christmas has already become much easier. I've just ordered the Bright Minds catalogue Um, as I've found some lovely things for DD after just a cursory glance on line! Keep the ideas rolling please. :D
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

DS1 and DS2 have both asked for Nerf guns. Aged 12 & 8 respectively. They are both going to get one each plus a Nerf target to fire at. I know guns aren't for everyone but I've researched fairly extensively and both young children and adults alike (albeit adult men :wink: ) play these Nerf war games all over the world and receive endless good reviews, soft bullets seem to cause no people and TV's alike any harm :lol: !! Apart from that, it'll be Xbox games, DS games, books, puzzles, gadgets, much like others really. Oh and all 3 DC's huge fans of Hawkins Bazaar.
Amber

Post by Amber »

My sons love things for camping: knives, wind up torches and the like, those flint things to light fires with; as well as DIY stuff like spirit levels, saws etc and a glue gun was very popular. Because they are off out a lot, all the paraphernalia of bivvy bags/compasses/head torches etc makes great presents. If your sons aren't - you could always try buying the gear and maybe they'll get the bug!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now