Pressies For older Boys

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Looking for help

Re: Pressies For older Boys

Post by Looking for help »

scary mum wrote: La la la, I've got my fingers in my ears and I can't hear you. My DS (age 12 :D ) will NOT be needing aftershave, razors and gel in two years time. Will he?
He might/might not be needing the razor, but he will be needing something to make him smell nice, unless he is one of the weird ones that showers frequently :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

unless he is one of the weird ones that showers frequently
No, nothing weird about him at all :lol: :lol: . We are already suffering with Lynx. What is it with that stuff?
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Shower in a can ,Unscary ,I'm afraid. Still, it's better then spending a fortune in The Body Shop with DD .

I am horrified to note that my DS1 is developing a moustache ! :shock: :lol: :( It makes them look so unsavoury.

Thanks for the ideas anyway, everyone. Any ideas for ds/x box games ?
Freya

Post by Freya »

My almost 14 year old DS isn't quite shaving yet but I bought him some aftershave / eau de toilette at the airport this summer in an attempt to reduce the Lynx fog which was beginning to engulf the house. He really loves Lacoste and Diesel (only the brave).

He is also completely obsessed with this website: http://www.coolshityoucanbuy.com/ and has pointed out to me so far:

- always cool pillow
- a giant inflatable flying shark
- World's smallest camera
- shark attack mug
- giant gummy bear
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The best situation is if they can request a main present that requires lots of small bits to go with it. DS1 wants an acoustic guitar for xmas, so I plan on spare strings, picks, neck strap etc. for his stocking. Along with the compulsory socks!
um

Post by um »

I tend to give clothes, trainers and books to my 13 year-old on Eid. And the occasional wii game or board game. And always socks :D

Although he does seem grateful, poor lad :oops:

The last Eid present I had from dh was a salt and pepper shaker.
Maybe we just have no imagination.

Not sure how long an inflatable shark would last in our house with 4 younger siblings...

I am horribly allergic to most perfumes and deodorant. I once collapsed in a queue due to what the man in front of me was wearing (lynx?). Therefore all such items are bought from the 'Pure and Natural' range at Holland and Barret. ds2 tried to get away with some sort of hair gel but my face swelled up when I walked into the bathroom. So dh had to go and buy a sort of non-scented hypo-allergenic one instead.
vasu

Post by vasu »

1.My boys are into Star Wars. I would highly recommend it for boys. All 6 dvds of Star Wars are a good present.
2.Cinema ticket vouchers
3. Boys accessories like hand bands or bandanna.
4. PC games which are much cheaper than Wii or X- box games
5. 3-D posters for their room
6.Mag subscriptions
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

My DS will be 11 in Nov so maybe a tad youngish for this as he still wants Lego and Star Wars stuff and I don't need to look at Lynx yet! Have just done some shopping and got 3 for 2 toys (lego Starwars Advent calendars) so feeling pleased with that. I always mean to be so organised and doesn't usually turn out that way!

So no older boys but DDs are 14 and almost 13 so Christmas shopping is definitely changing. I agree with previous suggestion of a mag subscription. DD1 wants NME (which by the way is much more sweary than I remember!Last year she had Vogue but her tastes have changed!!) Or even the latest edition of a mag they like TopGear, football, gaming etc for the stocking.

How about really good skincare items, it is just the age when skin goes abit mad isn't it?

There is a large sportswear shop (can I say names?) that has good bargains for xmas eg table tennis/tennis/cricket balls, decent and reasonably priced trainers and other bits and bobs.

How about starting a toolbox of their own to add to over the years before they leave the nest? DH is handy round the house and still loves to browse in a hardware shop! Same goes for arty types - I always used a toolbox for art materials and those pencil rolls are good too. Buy a few really great quality colour pencils/pens/brushes etc and start a collection.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Now that DS is 12. I was going to stop doing a stocking (sack) and spend more on his main present but as he an only child I know I change my mind at then spend loads of money on **** and then still spend more on his main present.
Sportsmum

Post by Sportsmum »

Stocking fillers for 14 and 13 DS tend to consist of:

Shower gel
Smellies from the buy 2 get one free at Boots
Chocolate orange
New cricket ball
Sweets (last year found a reindeer and a sheep that pooped brown jelly beans - got woken up early by fits of the giggles)
Latest can't live without album/Xbox or Wii game
pants
socks
Toothbrush and mouthwash !!!!
Sweat bands
Rugby/cricket boot studs

Anything that they need or want that is small and looks so much better for being wrapped up and having appeared whilst they were asleep....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now