I'm a Celebrity.....really?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moonlight

I'm a Celebrity.....really?

Post by Moonlight »

Has anyone started watching I'm a Celebrity? I thought Stefanie Powers wasn't that supportive of poor old Freddie in the team challenge. Then again, I wouldn't fancy a dip in that water either!

As each series passes, the 'celebs' seem to be less well known than the previous year.

Who would you like to see in the jungle? I wouldn't mind seeing the gorgeous Nigel Harman or how about Max Brown (Dimitri from Spooks)?
pheasantchick

Re: I'm a Celebrity.....really?

Post by pheasantchick »

I thought Anthony Cotton did well to jump out of the plane. I've never seen the comedienne or model before. I think I recognised the others.

At the moment, I think Anthony Cotton or Willy Carson will win.
aargh

Re: I'm a Celebrity.....really?

Post by aargh »

I cannot think of this programme without seething. It nearly caused my theatre company to go bankrupt! (this was when I lived in London)

Some seasons ago Toyah Wilcox was asked to go on it. Which she did. However, she had already committed to the lead in "Annie get your gun" which was to play previews for a month at Wimbledon Theatre before transferring to the West End. She got the IACGMOOH offer just before it was due to start and decided that would be better for her career, she dumped the Wimbledon previews (but later did the West End run).
This caused the Wimbledon Theatre to go bankrupt. It had been teetering on the edge, and having to refund pre-sold tickets and have no show on for a month pushed it over the edge. My little company were due to have performed Two Gentlemen of Verona (my final production before moving to Stroud) in the tiny studio theatre upstairs. Suddenly the venue was no more. I had one week to find a new venue. My company was so small that each production payed for the next. Our funds were committed. We were very fortunate to find a venue 6 miles away, but had to fork out for new publicity and lost out as many of our regular audience could not make it or were not aware of the new venue and the new venue did not have the rep or passing trade of the Wimbledon Studio.
Very fortunate that we made just enough to cover costs, but I could not pay anyone. Glad to say the company is still going on in Wimbledon :D Wimbledon theatre was bought by new management and so recovered too.
Still fume that this diminished my final production though.

Thus IACGMOOH and in particular Toyah Wilcox are not my favourite thingies. :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now