Xmas pressies, how much is too much???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: Xmas pressies, how much is too much???

Post by scarlett »

Mmmm you need a dog Aargh . The hundreds of hideous soft toys we possess end up as soft buffering around the dogs bed with one chosen every so often to rip to pieces. That seems to go down better then a trip to the charity shop. Re. inlaws I find asking for something NOT to be given usually means that's the very thing they will choose to buy. Next year just say you'll like lots of soft toys please .( if it all pans out badly, it wasn't me who advised this ).
aargh

Post by aargh »

My cats aren't up to the job your dogs manage. They tend to curl up in among them and look like extra cuddlies. I sometimes get a shock when scooping up a pile to make the beds.
Trouble with weeding is that they are all individually good - just too many.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Maybe start recycling as presents then ! Isn't that supposed to be the way forward ?? :? :lol: I too find my dog nestled on childrens beds...rather like E.T.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Helpful also to gather up the unused presents lying on bedroom floors a couple of weeks later and place them in present drawer ready to be recycled as santas gifts next year!Honestly they never notice.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

neurotic kent mum wrote:Helpful also to gather up the unused presents lying on bedroom floors a couple of weeks later and place them in present drawer ready to be recycled as santas gifts next year!Honestly they never notice.
I have done that!
aargh

Post by aargh »

Unfortunately mine do not forget. DS is rumoured to remember the colour of the walls in the room where he was born (I can't remember so cannot prove him right or wrong) :lol:
Morning Glory

Post by Morning Glory »

Have just caught up with this thread and it has made me think, smile and laugh.

My DS & DD are born 2 years apart on the same day - 28th December (bad planning). So not only do I have to sort out what and how much to spend for Christmas, I have to work out what to get them for their birthdays 3 days later. Family and friends ask me what they want and I have to think of 4 ideas. I just buy all the presents and then decide what is for Christmas & what is for their birthday and then have to wrap them in the right wrapping paper. I have to filter out the birthday cards that arrived with the Christmas cards by the time Christmas comes I am mentally exhausted.

I usually spend about £200 on each for Christmas & Birthday and have often thought that they miss out a bit because I'm sure if they had their birthdays at another time of year I think we would spend more.

New cuddly toys are banned (although I think she now has other things she would prefer) I did try to go through them with her this year to clear some out but we both ended up in tears so decided to keep them all.

I'm sure I'm not the only parent who worries their children will be disappointed with what they get.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

have recycled at least 5 items stockings wise...

broke out a quiz tonight that no-one seems to recognise as teh one which was in Mr Y's stocking 3 years ago and which they refused to play then ..aah the memory of young adults...mwahaha
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Mine would remember also.

I also have a December birthday-born ds, and the same as MG with regard wrapping presents in the correct birthday or Christmas wrapping paper.
Last edited by pheasantchick on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

28th December - a good date to have as a birthday, MG :wink:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now