Books for Boys Similar to Skullduggery by Derek Landy

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

FluffyD

Re: Books for Boys Similar to Skullduggery by Derek Landy

Post by FluffyD »

I have a Y5 boy who loves these books (as do I) he also reads Harry Potter series, Septimus Heap Series and also worth a good read are the Percy Jackson series, they are about a Greek demigod and are well worth a try also.
My DS now has a love of all things Greek and about ancient Greek history as a result of Percy Jackson! :wink:
Vic x
munch

Post by munch »

From the suggestions here, DS has already got through Muchamore and Higson and simply devours them. I am adding all suggestions to a list-thanks to all :D
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Just thought of another set today, there are the Eragon series which are meant to be fantastic, just ordered the first one for my son today, he liked the film but always prefers to read the books.
Apparantly the film is blasphemous to the book (aren't they all :roll: ) and the books are well worth a go.
Vic x
Puzzled Mum

Post by Puzzled Mum »

My DS is 12 and a bookworm too - he's just finished the Hunger Games series (by Suzanne Collins) He's read books by most of the authors mentioned on this thread, so your DC might like these.
munch

Post by munch »

Thanks fluffyD and puzzled mum..will add those to my list.
:D
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Just thought of another set today, there are the Eragon series which are meant to be fantastic
DD (13 now) loves these, the fourth and final one came out at the end of last year after a torturous three-year wait and has declared she will have to read the first three again first to refresh her memory as they are long and complicated :lol:
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

Rob Clark wrote:
Just thought of another set today, there are the Eragon series which are meant to be fantastic
DD (13 now) loves these, the fourth and final one came out at the end of last year after a torturous three-year wait and has declared she will have to read the first three again first to refresh her memory as they are long and complicated :lol:
This is what my son was like with Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. His first Eragon book should be here today.
I am a mature student and it was a student on my course who was reading the last book in December who was recommending it on. Hopefully my DS will like it as he can be a bit picky with his books, once he likes them though, he will read them all...it's just getting him to open the first one!
Vic x
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

DD (11) is a huge fan of Skullduggery pleasant, Harry potter , Septamus Heap( I loved these too ), Percy Jackson / Heroes of Olympus/ 39 clues/ Kane Chronicles and also loved the Alex Rider books by Anthony Horowitz - think he might do some horror as well. Ali Sparkes -Shape Shifter series is also very good.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now