Anyone own Dyson DC15 Animal-the purple one? Help!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

munch

Anyone own Dyson DC15 Animal-the purple one? Help!!

Post by munch »

Hope somebody can help me as I have been tearing my hair out for the last 2 hours trying to get the bottom end of the hose off to replace with a new one. It's just not doing what the instructions say. I've even been on the phone to Dyson Support and 2 of their people tried to explain the same thing but it's not coming off! Could be me but there isn't much to get wrong from what I've been told and I've now got blisters on my hands where I've tried to hold the end and twist off with all my might.
Anyone able to tell me the knack? I am sure it's really easy...once you know how. :x
Snowdrops

Re: Anyone own Dyson DC15 Animal-the purple one? Help!!

Post by Snowdrops »

I have two, and they're both quite different. One's very new and the other must be about 5/6 years. How old is yours? (the pipes differ on the various models). Which bit exactly are you trying to get off?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Oops, I take that back, I have the DC33 purple animals - bu they should still work on the same principal.
munch

Post by munch »

Hi snowdrop..mine was bought in 2006 so older one. I managed to take the wand bit off the hose and the bit at the bottom end is the problem. It's the stair reach hose. I hope that makes sense.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

We've got a DC08 Animal, don't know if that's similar. Is it the end with the handle you're talking about or the machine end?

[edit - ah, yours is an upright and ours is a cylinder. Probably too different to be any help]

Mike
munch

Post by munch »

Correct mike1880 it is an upright and it is the machine end. Thanks anyway :)
sp

Post by sp »

I was intrigued so urned to G**gle and put in "Dyson DC15 remove" and got to the following:

Instructions

Unwrap the cord from the backside of the Dyson DC15 Ball. If the machine is plugged in, unplug it now.

Press the wand release catch, located just below the handle, and detach the wand and hose from the machine.

Press the two retaining clips located beneath the wand release catch, and separate the top of the hose from the wand.

Rotate the base of the hose downwards, away from the machine, until it clicks.

Twist the base of the hose clockwise to remove this end of the hose from the Dyson DC15.

Read more: How to Remove a Hose from a Dyson DC15 Ball Vacuum | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6584051_remove- ... z1j8uSpQC1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it works!
munch

Post by munch »

Thanks sp, that's good of you but I forgot to mention that I had googled the subject to death already and no joy. My machine is just not doing what those (easy) instructions are saying! My hand has only just recovered overnight but I'll have to start again :roll: