Screen time - limiting or banning TV

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mystery

Re: Screen time - limiting or banning TV

Post by mystery »

I hope at this new school the head tells the parents what the pupils can do to move up a group and become entitled to some decent homework. Have you asked permission for it to be funded as a free school under Gove's new legislation?

Oh by the way, we got a homework quite recently (Year 3) - how many seconds in a minute, how many minutes in an hour, how many hours in a day, .............. how many days in a year, (how many weeks until your mother takes you out of school)? It reminded me of something you said a while back.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Scary Mum - "I feel like a bad mum. Mine watch too much TV "

You are not alone. I'm feeling very guilty. Perhaps I should become a Tiger Mother (Tigress?)...! :lol:
Cranleigh

Post by Cranleigh »

You always make me laugh, Mystery :)
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

My children and I watch "the cube" on Monday evenings after supper (it is on 7pm Sunday, which is bed time, so i record it)and we have a big bowl of popcorn. Wouldn't miss that time together for anything :!:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

pheasantchick wrote:Scary Mum - "I feel like a bad mum. Mine watch too much TV "

You are not alone. I'm feeling very guilty. Perhaps I should become a Tiger Mother (Tigress?)...! :lol:

I am the same - also, because I quite like it myself. :oops:

The cube is a particular favourite in our house, also the Stargazing thing on last night and then tonight.

One of mine is very partial to the 90 second update between Eastenders and whatever's next - so at least there's some current affairs in between the nonsense :D (although mine didn't watch things like Eastenders until they were older, at least I'm sure they were older, or at least I'm sure they weren't watching :oops:)

And one thing is for sure, they have very vivid imaginations, great vocabulary and are quite partial to reading too, so its not all bad :lol:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:
pheasantchick wrote:Scary Mum - "I feel like a bad mum. Mine watch too much TV "

Oh well, I obviously have no conscience whatsoever, because I don't feel bad about it at all! :lol:
Looking for help

Fran17 wrote:
Looking for help wrote:

Oh well, I obviously have no conscience whatsoever, because I don't feel bad about it at all! :lol:

I did use to slightly when they came in from nursery and I plonked them in front of Blue's Clues with a tube of smarties for their lunch. I'm surprised they don't all sound as if they come from Liverpool or wherever that irritating man was from.

I wonder how they have managed to grow up :lol:
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

(I met the Blues Clues man once. He was really nice in real life. I have a photo of him with one of my offspring).
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I had forgotten all about Blues Clues. My youngest used to watch that. :D
Looking for help

PC - you are so lucky :lol: I don't suppose it was him that was irritating, it was the 'you just got a letter song' that everybody sang for hours and hours that nearly made me go mad :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now