Big problem

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: Big problem

Post by scarlett »

Mystery says that's not the right one...that one belongs to Great Granny who left it behind at Christmas.

She's had to call in the Army to frisk the people of Kent.....

Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ours is often under a pile of newspapers (The Times, of course, not the Daily Mail :lol: :lol: ).
scary mum
ahap

Post by ahap »

Under the sofa, between the sofa arm rest and the seat, between seats of the sofa, kitchen, kitchen drawer, bedroom, near the game console, behind the TV- DD hides it there if she does not want DS to change the channel, top of the fridge or pantry/kitchen cupboards or in one of them, even the bathroom. You can imagine what I used to go through when trying to find it, by the time I found it I would've missed parts of the programme. Now we have decided to place it on the teapoe. So far the remote hasn't travelled for a while. :lol:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks everybody. We have chopped the sofa up etc etc. All to no avail, so this morning purchased a replacement online. 30 minutes later it turned up ....... our tidy daughter had put it in the holder that one of the other remotes goes in!!!
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

:lol: :lol:
um

Post by um »

We lost ours years ago.

I always thought we must be the only family in the UK to have no remote control :lol: .

Our dvd player has only a stop, play and eject button.

We don't actually have the TV connected to an aerial, we have the screen connected to a laptop though, occasionally to watch things on iplayer but primarily to watch Vorderman's Maths Factor lessons (I am sooo nice :mrgreen: ).

I keep getting people from Sky and Virgin TV at my door, selling their packages, and have to explain that we don't have/watch TV as such. Their reaction is usually disbelief or terror.

Glad to hear you've found it though :D
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

My daughter said to me why can't someone invent a Sky remote that you can bleep from the box if you can't find it. More like how cordless phones work. It seems we need a remote like that Mystery.
Impossible is Nothing.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

I wish we had thought of that sooner sherry_d with regard to our phone. When we did the battery must have run out. :( :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now