One month left......what are your plans to keep busy?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

Re: One month left......what are your plans to keep busy?

Post by vasu »

Kit, I wish I was slim :( or just right even a lil plump!!!!! But I am neither!!!!! :cry:

And just have a consistent warm smile throughout your daughters performance so that she knows that whatever the results you are fine with"her". Best of Luck.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Me - I am being completely selfish and going on the school ski trip over half-term. This will definitely take my mind off of the 11+, with results day looming shortly!
Kit

Post by Kit »

That's a fantastic way to take your mind off it. I keep thinking- only 1 week to half-term, then it's half-term, then only one-and-a-half weeks to go.

I have lost precisely 0 lbs in weight and the kids wardrobes still look like war zones.

We've a few day trips lined up for next week- one to a snow dome to make up for the fact we had zero snow here at the weekend, much to the DCs disappointment.

Anyone else got any plans coming up for distraction therapy?
Kit

Post by Kit »

This is an unashamed bump so I don't have to keep going to the second page of posts to check out the countdown ticker.

Simba is over half way across now but this waiting is just awful. To make matters worse DD has made me promise not to look at the e-mail until she gets home in the evening as she wants to be the first to know, good or bad.
I'm not sure if this is really a very good idea, but at least if I genuinely don't know I won't have to try and hide my joy/ disappointment when I'm in the audience watching her performance - I am a terrible actress! (DD has a school drama workshop/ performance on March 1st until 7.15pm).

Is anyone else letting their DCs find out first?
ahap

Post by ahap »

No, I'll be refreshing and refreshing the ECC website from midnight onwards on the 1st of March till I could see the allocation while everybody are asleep. :)
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Kit

Post by Kit »

ECC is obviously better organised than Devon- for us, the allocation didn't show up on the DCC website until late morning when I went through this last time, so no chance to absorb the news by myself in the still of the night.