Tiger Mothers programme.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

First-timer

Tiger Mothers programme.

Post by First-timer »

There is a programme about so-called Tiger Mothers on BBC2 at 9pm tonight. Might be worth watching.
Fran17

Re: Tiger Mothers programme.

Post by Fran17 »

Thank you for this First-timer. I will watch with interest, hoping that I don't fall into that particular category. :o
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

One of the contributors was on the BBC news programme this morning. I was perched on the bed watching it, in between repeated attempts to get my lot out of bed... :lol:
Marylou
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I caught the Breakfast Time slot too - FOUR HOURS a day she makes her two children do (aged 6 and 10). Two hours on music alone! I just wish my dd wouldn't complain about the 15 minutes she does Monday to Friday, I'm recording it to show her how well off she is :lol: :lol:

Seriously, there was a timetable all worked out, what they were doing and when. It takes an awful lot of dedication as a parent to be doing this. It's also a wonder the children actually put up with it and ......... she has a baby too ............ I really don't know whether to be shocked, admiring or what!
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I've just watched the preview and it was rather predictable.....I'm sure there are non Chinese parents who do as much with their children.

I'm sure Pushydad will be along all guns blazing ! :D
vasu

Post by vasu »

Post school....when is the time?
Kids back from school-4pm
Tea/ TV/playing-5:30PM
Some or the other nonsensical club-till 7
Light supper /Bath -7:30-8:30
Kids off to read or play or before bedtime shenanigans :roll: till they fall asleep!!!!!
When are the two hours for piano!!!! God I am the worst time managing mum in the whole world :cry: I have to watch the program tonight and shrink in shame.....
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I shall be watching and taking notes...

I may well make the kids watch it on iPlayer - either to warn them what they're in for :twisted: or to show them how easy their life is.

Must admit, we'd already decided before Christmas that our eldest needs a daily timetable to get him organised enough to deal with everyday life, perhaps watching this will spur us on to actually doing it!

Mike
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I have to watch the program tonight and shrink in shame.....
Rubbish, Vasu! I do wonder how people manage when I can barely manage minimal homwork and a few clubs - mine don't play an musical instruments (bad scary mum). i'm not sure I'm going to watch it, although it might be useful to show DD (age 15, GCSE year!) that I'm not so bad after all 8)
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Vasu..I've found a solution for you...give your boys alphabet spaghetti shapes for dinner..they can practice their verbal reasoning with the random letters whilst eating and invest in some bath crayons...sums whilst washing. :P
andyb

Post by andyb »

First-timer wrote:There is a programme about so-called Tiger Mothers on BBC2 at 9pm tonight. Might be worth watching.
Coincidentally (or not), it clashes with "The Grammar School: A Secret History" on BBC4. I shall have to record one to watch later.