scary mum

Re: nationalities

Post by scary mum »

It Never occurred to me to stock pile anything. Will we starve? :lol:
scary mum
um

Post by um »

Being from Newcastle, I am still bemused by the reaction to a small amount of snow and a few frozen fountains. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Here in Birmingham, it is about 2cm high and none forecast tomorrow. Yet many feel the need to barricade themselves in their houses for fear of the 'terrible weather'. Yes you do need to drive much more slowly and wrap up warm. But panic buying???
Hmph...I remember being sledged to school when the snow was above my mum's wellies. We usually drove the 4 miles, but when the snow was too bad and we couldn't dig out the car, we walked :D
In fact when I was born (in March!) the snow was up to people's waists and no traffic was moving on the roads at all. My Grandmother wanted to get to the hospital to be with my mum so she walked about 6 miles...many over the desolate town moor...to get there. She was a very small lady, barely 5ft and a size 2 shoe.
Now we have fully gritted roads with a dusting on the verges and everyone is too terrified to go out?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

scary mum wrote:It Never occurred to me to stock pile anything. Will we starve? :lol:
Unlikely....if we have a few cms we will probably be ok till Monday.... :?

I agree, um, back in the day people could cope a wee but better.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I just love a little bit of panic buying..it gives me such a warm , cosy feeling knowing my cupboards are groaning with cup a soups , cakes and casserole mixes...a huge pile of logs all ready by the back door and we all now own brand new fluffy bed socks. ( well, not DH ) .All I need now is a bit of snow............ :?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Plenty here, Scarlett, sending some your way :D
scary mum
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

KS10 wrote:OH has just left to do the weekly shop. I guess he won't be bringing much back then. Never mind - I'll cheer the kids up by telling them to pretend it's Ramadan again.
:lol: :lol:

A big fuss is made over a bit of snow in this country. My friends in Connecticut and Toronto think it's hilarious!

Eldest DS said one man had 8 large cartons of milk and 5 loaves of bread. :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That was probably my DH ...apart from he'll probably also want to ration it out ...one crumb in a mess tin every 2 hours. :shock:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol:

There's nothing wrong with being prepared. :D
um

Post by um »

DH bought 4 large bottles of milk, around 30 bananas and 4 loaves of bread today, but that wasn't panic buying - it was a normal Saturday shop to see us through to the tesco shop on Wednesday :D
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

....and so , getting back to the subject of this thread...?