Snow

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

poiuyt

Re: Snow

Post by poiuyt »

Visiting family, across the road from the barrocks; behind the row of shops; so much snow, just read over 100 cars abandoned on M40, seems ridiculous that winter tyres are not legal must now
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Taxi came at 1.30 then back to her friend's by 1.50. Short night for me!
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Glad your DD is ok Unscary. Any news WFG ?

It all looks very beautiful but is a pain if you have to move around....I know the main roads are gritted but for those of us who live in the middle of nowhere ( I live on a ridge on the North Downs ) then it is easy to panic. ...hence my stock piling :D Luckily DH has nerves of steel ..he's off out picking up my friend who's stuck miles away after a night shift ...just trying to prise the dog off the sofa now to see if we can attach a sledge to him incase we need to get more bread............. :shock:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Good to hear your DD is ok scary mum!

A friend of mine lives out in the middle of nowhere and she stockpiles every year scarlett. You are very organised.

I think your dog has the right idea being curled up on the sofa! :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

We are practically the only family under the age of 80 where we live ( not that there are many families where the baby is the age of 80 .. :shock: ) so I like to get in extra milk etc in case it's needed .The DC make a tour of the village checking out everyone and it's amazing how many old people are quite happy surviving on a quarter of a cup a soup a day :( Most have fireplaces but are not very adept at making a fire and keeping it going ...but again they just don a pair of fingerless gloves .No moaning from them ! :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

So thoughtful of your DH to go around checking on people and you getting in extra food in case your elderly neighbours need anything. How kind! :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I want Scarlett as my neighbour when I'm old :D
scary mum
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

There is still quite a lot of snow in Reading but it is melting. We had a fun morning on the Uni campus with DD, a sledge and our sled dog :)
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Thanks Fran and Unscary ! I'd like to think someone is helping my elderly grandparents who live too far for me to help :? However , Dh has just got told off for nicking salt from the village stock pile ...so we're keeping a low profile now :oops:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

scary mum wrote:I want Scarlett as my neighbour when I'm old :D
Me too! :D As long as they don't pilfer from the village stockpile of salt! :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now