result!!!!!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
juliette

result!!!!!!

Post by juliette »

What i would like to know is why do some selective/grammar schools let you know of the entry exam results,and some do not. The one i chose for my son doesn't. I always thought you get in if you pass,and if you don't pass,you don't get in! :? I assume the competition must be tough in places like Berkshire?
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

As each Local Authority runs its own admissions, and some selectives are foundations, each run it their way.

Hence the discrepancy.

Were you interested in any particular Berkshire Grammar? If you have any queries, there is a specific section for all Berkshire grammars that you can always ask questions on. :D

BW
SteveDH

Post by SteveDH »

I have a nephew who lives in kent... in the part of kent he lives, you pass, you get in, and in kent you tend to know your scores, although they had to ask the teacher...

Where I live our borough doesn't have grammer schools, but Barnet a nearby borough does, and they don't have catchment areas and so attracts entrents from lots of surrounding boroughs including mine. For the school my daughters just got into, 1000 apply and they just take those with the top 93 scores. There is no pass mark as such, and there is no way of finding out your mark.....
jah

Post by jah »

KE Foundation in Birmingham: if you get in, then they prefer child not to know score so that pupils don't compare themselves with each other once they're there. You can write in and ask anyway if they get in; but when they explained why, I didn't request year 10 daughter's result.

On the other hand, if you haven't got in, then you can write in for the information in order to find out where your childis on the waiting list.

Post by Guest »

My son passed the entry test to get into 'Bablake' in Coventry....I was just feeling a little 'miffed' because a lot of posts' knew their childrens scores. I do understand though, that a lot of the kids could compare scores and it could cause resentment. Not good. We should all be prrroooooouuuuuud whatever......of our little darlings. :wink:
juliette

result!!!!!!!

Post by juliette »

forgot to add my name to the last post. Sorry :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now