Scramble

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fatbananas

Scramble

Post by fatbananas »

I've seen so many posts about 'Scramble' in the last 2 days but have no idea what it is, nor how to play. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
FluffyD

Re: Scramble

Post by FluffyD »

Ooh yes I quite fancy this as well.
Please don't direct me to the kitchen and the eggs!
x
Vic x
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

It is a strange obsession that the terrible culprit Reeyah from the Brum section introduced us to and has had us hooked since. It is an app that can be loaded on to you phone/ipad : a word game where you are given a set of letters to make as many words as possible in 2 minutes. You take it in turns to play, best of 3 rounds. You can play against a random opponent chosen for you or you can play against others if you select their username. We told each what our usernames were or kept the ones we have on this forum. It is very addictive though - so if you download it, don't come back to me! You can send instant chat messages to your opponent too.

So far, Reeyah is the undisputed queen of scramble. Poiuyt is truly terrible though, so start with him!
UmSusu
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

You might find this helpful: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrabble" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Thingsbehindthesun wrote:You might find this helpful: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrabble" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This link is about scrabble. Scramble is an app. Come and join us though, it is more fun than it sounds but means you will be even more fixed to your phone!
UmSusu
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Hmmm ... I have a phone that works with steam and pistons. Maybe it's time to get the ipad mentioned on another thread! Sounds a bit like a computerised boggle.

Thanks a lot! :D
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

UmSusu wrote:
Thingsbehindthesun wrote:You might find this helpful: :D

This link is about scrabble. Scramble is an app. Come and join us though, it is more fun than it sounds but means you will be even more fixed to your phone!
Yes I do have a habit of not reading properly :lol: I have played before but am utterly hopeless but might download later. though I think the less less screen time the better- my poor eyes have seen a large increase in prescription strength which I attribute to my EPE addiction.

If playing along are you given usernames to search for other people?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

You choose a username for yourself and can search for users you know the name of or you can ask for a random opponent. I have played several people from on here - Reyaah is too good :)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DD got into it but I made her only play against random opponents, not the people on here, while she got the hang of it. Her curiosity to see how others got high scores means that she scrolls though all the possible words which can only be a positive thing as far as VOCAB is concerned.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Might sneak it on DS ipad when he's not looking! Sounds fun.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now