V Festival, Chelmsford

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moonlight

V Festival, Chelmsford

Post by Moonlight »

DD wants to go to the V Festival in August and I wonder if anyone has been there and can tell me how chaotic it is for traffic. The plan is to drop DD there and then come back later in the evening. I'm assuming it's going to be pretty awful trying to stop anywhere near the park and agreeing a place to meet later on.

Any recommendations for a good drop-off/pick-up point? Also, how long could it take to even get out of the park by foot?

Hoping to book the tickets tomorrow evening so any advice would be really welcome. :)
Rinette

Re: V Festival, Chelmsford

Post by Rinette »

I live not far from Hyland Park, where the V festival takes place and, yes, the traffic can get horrendous and to a gridlock stage specially at the end of the concert day. I have never been to the actual concerts so can not help you regarding walking time by foot but I can advice by pm on a drop off/pick-up point used by locals if you wish.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Rinette, thanks for replying so quickly. That would be great if you could send me a PM. It would be so much easier if we could drop off nearby. Thank you.
Clarabelle

Post by Clarabelle »

Hi, yes traffic in Chelmsford & roads in/out like A12 etc really suffer. The main roads adjacent to the park have a 30mph limit imposed & don't have pavements or streetlights. I haven't been to V myself but they do provide buses to take the public to/from the park from the railway station in the town centre around 15 mins away. Local taxis are also permitted into the park (and is a good money earner according a local taxi firm owner I know).
Clarabelle
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now