Y5's sitting SATS???

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
U400JB9

Re: Y5's sitting SATS???

Post by U400JB9 »

My DD is in a year 5/6 class and they sat SATS papers with the year 6 kids......no pressure apparently, just to familiarise them!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It can't have been the same paper because you have to enter the pupils online and you only get enough papers for those pupils.

Probably they did an old paper or even the Year 5 optional tests.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

sorry I meant the did `A` SATS paper, not `THE `SATS paper....

when the school was practising they sat the same amounts of practises and the same papers as the year 6 kids.

thats one comes of typing between working... :oops:
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

My Year five dc does this as well. And am assuming he will redo the same papers next year! Don't really mind except he hasn't had the papers back and has no idea what mistakes he has made.
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

Just asked my DD and she said she has done them every year since Yr 3...fine parent I am, it's the first I knew about it :lol:
I can't see any negatives to it TBH, much rather she was familiar with the layout than not, at least that removes one potential stressor on the day of the 'real' SATs.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Nanny Ogg - these will have been the Optional tests not the KS2 tests. You should have been told the results ...
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

We are given her 'grades' at parents evenings and in her report, e.g. Parents evening a few weeks ago we were told she is at 4a and 5c/5b. I had assumed these grades were based on a rolling assessment method, now I am assuming they are the results of these 'optional' tests. Again, I think it's a great idea, familiarisation can help to alleviate anxiety, so hopefully when she sits the SATS for real it will be comfortingly familiar, helping her to focus her energy on the content, rather than the layout, of the test. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now