Not stupid!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

juliette

Not stupid!!

Post by juliette »

After finally sorting the bursary out,excepting it, then sending the required deposit,the schools governors have now set the new fee level,approx 5% more. The old fee levels are still on the schools website!So the bursary we did finally get is not as generous as it seemed! How crafty....Surely there is a law against this :x But i would not hold my breathe :roll:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You should expect fees to go up 5% every year whatever it says on the website ...
juliette

Post by juliette »

yes,i know that, but it would have been nice to know beforehand. At least next year we will know that the bursary we recieve,if any, will not be worth as much as we anticipated. I am knew to all this...Son starts year 7 in September 07. Thanks anyway. :P
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Fees often go up in April too - leaving you with a term at the new price before you can give notice ....!

One of the reasons I do not rate many of these schools - not very open and honest!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

yes have found that private schools don't give a terms notice of putting up the fees - but expect a terms notice from you.
also April is a common time so you pay more for the summer term..

DDs have gone up 4.89% this term - mmm yep jolly near the 5% quoted above
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - it's usually double the rate of inflation - they are a business trying to make a profit ...
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi, does this mean that the calculations I have made re school fees from Sept 2007 intake based on the literature that the school sent out will be out by 5%. Have planned direct debit which school allows for 12 month period, although expected next school year to increase now does it appear I need to increase this even before daughter starts in Sept.
NKM
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I presume it depends when the literature you have was produced - ........

while DDs school website is still showing the fee level from last term (and the 2 terms before) we have just had the new increased levels sent through with the invoice for the term starting next week.
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi hermanmunster

The school are not sending out invoices until july(ish) despite me asking so I guess that answers my question :!:

Hope to see you over in rehab soon
NKM
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

LOL!!

Deffo need Rehab - trying to work out how I got rostered to work the night shift tonight - that's 1 hour on the 12 th and 8 hours on.....

FRIDAY 13TH
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now