Amazon Prime

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

Re: Amazon Prime

Post by um »

JanyEyre - your Amazon experience sounds like mine :lol: .
I also sit and wait for the prices to drop...the worst thing is when they increase :evil:

Yes, you can have a Wish list (mine has over 100 items :roll: ) and the separate Shopping basket.

But when shopping from Amazon, please, please don't forget to go via easyfundraising.com as if you register yourself there (you can then stay logged on) and then click the Amazon link (and many other retailers too), money is donated each time to your charity of choice (which is, of course, KE Camp Hill Boys' School :wink: )
Called 'A F S KECH Boys' on Easyfundraising.

I have that dvd on Breaking the Mould so you're welcome to pop by and borrow it :D .

I was laughing at ds1 who wanted to take our Twelfth Night dvd to school to share with his friends. He was asking me if he could please lend it to xyz, then the next day, he said that abc wanted to borrow it too...and so on :D
I was laughing and thinking that most 13 year old boys are passing round copies of Grand Auto Theft etc...and here is ds1 and his friends wanting a dvd of Shakespeare :lol:

Only in a Grammar school.... :lol:

Even worse, yesterday walked into the ds's bedroom and ds2 was sitting knitting in bed. Knitting...in bed...like a little old lady. Looks like he's going to the right school in September, by the grace of God :D

And, er, going back to the subject, I also got the free month trial on Prime but put in my diary to cancel it. It was more hassle, as they use couriers who just leave cards for you...at least my postman just throws the parcels over the back gate, which is easier.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

um wrote:. It was more hassle, as they use couriers who just leave cards for you...at least my postman just throws the parcels over the back gate, which is easier.
QED :lol:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

um wrote:JanyEyre - your Amazon experience sounds like mine :lol: .
:lol: :lol:
um wrote: But when shopping from Amazon, please, please don't forget to go via easyfundraising.com as if you register yourself there (you can then stay logged on) and then click the Amazon link (and many other retailers too), money is donated each time to your charity of choice (which is, of course, KE Camp Hill Boys' School :wink: ).
Thanks for telling me. I'll do that... I would be so happy to raise money for this shool just by buying things. I will try not to take that as an excuse to buy more items!! :lol: :lol:
um wrote:I have that dvd on Breaking the Mould so you're welcome to pop by and borrow it :D .
Thank you soooo much.That's so kind of you!!! But we have a good pile of DVDs to watch. It is all very good to buy DVD when a good occasion arises... but then it is difficult for us to find the time to watch the films I buy! :shock: :evil: May be I am too much addicted to watching news? :lol: :lol:

If you still have a VHS player working, kowning that your DS1 is interested in medicine, I have a good film about Pasteur's research to find the vaccine against rabbies... in French with subtitle in Arabic :shock: Just trying to reverse your DS' aversion for French!!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: It might suit him if he is able to understand Classical Arabic :wink:
um wrote: I was laughing at ds1 who wanted to take our Twelfth Night dvd to school to share with his friends. He was asking me if he could please lend it to xyz, then the next day, he said that abc wanted to borrow it too...and so on :D
I was laughing and thinking that most 13 year old boys are passing round copies of Grand Auto Theft etc...and here is ds1 and his friends wanting a dvd of Shakespeare :lol:

Only in a Grammar school.... :lol:
I am SO delighted to hear that. I am really looking forward for my DS to join this school! What a relief to know that he'll be surrounded by classmates with the same thirst for kowledge!!! :D :D
um wrote: Even worse, yesterday walked into the ds's bedroom and ds2 was sitting knitting in bed. Knitting...in bed...like a little old lady. Looks like he's going to the right school in September, by the grace of God :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
May I ask who taught him to knit?? That person did her job beautifully. :D

When I was at uni, there was a boy in my year whose father was knitting for him superb -absolutely superb- jumpers... with pictures and all. He was telling us his father was having great success when he was knitting on the beach!! :lol: :lol: And his dad really did enjoy knitting!!
um

Post by um »

:lol: I have absolutely no idea how to knit :lol:
He learned at school in a club - they also supplied the needles and wool.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now