Musical?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Musical?

Post by Amber »

Rob Clark wrote:Sorry, obviously wasn’t clear. Younger child isn’t brighter for its age, but actually brighter,
It was perfectly clear and I was being mischieveous. Sorry, it's the hot weather 8) .
Rob Clark wrote:It’s actually a bit of a nightmare for all concerned because as you say it doesn’t do any favours to any of the people involved…
True, but I imagine the older one does have some redeeming features, which can be commented upon and praised. At least your close friends are aware of the dangers, which is half the battle, and I imagine as they develop separate interests it will become less of an issue.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Amber wrote:I know a parent who reads out her middle child's effort and achievement grades in the playground after every report (child is in Year 2 and covers itself in glory every time).. Then points out to its sibling that 'yours can't be as good as X's.' As well as being nauseatingly insensitive and a gross overestimate of outside interest in her DB (sorry, no other word for the child except the four letter one which rhymes with 'drat'), it is also a form of child abuse for the unfortunate sibling. Grr.
That is dreadful. What on earth does that mother think she is going to gain by setting her children up against one another. She isn't doing either of her sons any good whatsoever.

Rob, I think you are absolutely spot on. People think I am a bit weird because I don't give them a breakdown of my sons' results. If people were really interested in their well being they would be pleased to hear me say they did well.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Now Fran, I think you're being a bit economical with the truth .I drove past your house the other day and saw the great big board you'd erected in your front garden with your son's results emblazoned across it. Wasn't there a cardboard cut out of your son next to it too ?? :P
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol:

It wasn't me honest! Although I am thinking of hiring a hot air balloon with his results emblazoned on it, if he gets into his first choice Uni. I will be sure to fly over Kent! :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I'll be the one standing on the roof of my house ready to jump in as you pass ! Make sure the champagne's chilled :D
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Oh now wouldn't that be nice!!! Please keep your fingers, toes, eyes and anything else you can cross, crossed until the end of June. :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I shall look most attractive...but yes I will. You'll be allowed to boast on here ! :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OT - sorry!

Perhaps we could all club together for a Red Arrows display in August starting from Essex calling over Kent and up to Bucks and anywhere else where EPE Y13s are!

Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Yay! I think that is a wonderful idea! :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Glad you like the idea.

Very understated and subtle I thought ... :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now