Schools asking parents to declare private tutoring etc

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mad?

Re: Schools asking parents to declare private tutoring etc

Post by mad? »

Caroline1852 wrote:
Amber wrote:If a school seriously wants to know whether a child has been coached or not, they should just ask the child, 'what have you done to prepare for this test?'. You can coach for many things, but telling barefaced lies to an adult in authority is probably a step too far for most.
Agree. Even the ghastliest parents would hopefully draw the line at tutoring their child to lie.
I agree as well. But I have a confession. DDs' primary is famous for refusing to set any homework apart from advising parents to listen to their children read for 10 minutes per night. Perhaps because of this DD1 was asked in her interview what extra work she did out of school. She replied that I listened to her read every night. (I didn't, not once she was about 7 :oops: . When I asked her why she had said this she replied 'you told me to tell the teachers at school that you listened to me read if they ever asked'. :oops: Guilty as charged. :oops:
mad?
mystery

Post by mystery »

:lol: And ghastly too!!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I hear my children while they are reading for ten minutes too! I hear them when they call out frequently to me in another room asking "is it time to stop yet?"
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

mystery wrote:I hear my children while they are reading for ten minutes too! I hear them when they call out frequently to me in another room asking "is it time to stop yet?"
:lol:
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Absolutely - I hear "finished - can you come and sign my reading record" from my youngest!