You can not be serious !

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dover mum

Post by Dover mum »

how stupid and havent we got the highest teenage pregnacy rate, it will be in pre-teens if we are not careful!!!
sj355

Re: You can not be serious !

Post by sj355 »

The only place I can ever remember having unisex toilets is my son's nursery (no-one was over the age of 4). Any educational establishment that involves children over the age of 7 considering to have toilets of this form is looking for trouble when none have existed before. Having said that, don't they have anything more serious to concern themselves with?

Moreover although I co-habit and share a toilet with two very adorable and considerate males (my husband and my son), there are days when I look sadly at the state of the toilet during the morning rush and think how nice it would be not to have to share it even wth my two favourite men in the world.
sj355
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

INEX,

I'm with you all the way - I suffer 50% more even than you do:

Some French motorway services have unisex toilets - except they have urinals as well. "It isn't sight-seeing as we know it, Captain"!

Sally-Anne
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

We used to have mixed toilets on alternate floors at work. I can tell you there was a constant stream of women traipsing up and down the stairwell to avoid those ones. The men didn't care. When I was a teenager I would rather have burst my bladder than share with a bunch of sniggering teenage boys! This is just another ridiculous idea like mixed wards in hospital which is being phased out.

Kaz
ThursdaysGirl

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

Hi,

Ok, firstly (and please ask all that know me) I am so far from inhibited but... Unisex toilets are fine in my eyes should there be no urinals. I have often on visiting said restaurants and should the ladies have a queue, gone into the men’s, should urinals not be part of the room. The faces of a few men seeing me exit have been precious. <gg>

I can see my (in four weeks) 18 year old again not worrying about the unisex equation, but my 11 year old (in three weeks) would not be as impressed when she starts Grammar in September should it have been a co-ed school. Luckily I suppose all the ones I know of are single sexed, so the worry is not paramount.

Just a little tale to make others laugh a little, I hope. My youngest was telling me that they are doing Sex Ed at the moment and of course they have come across the, '*****' word. So the teacher who takes them for PE uses the word, 'Penalise' quite a lot. It now apparently makes them laugh lots when he uses it in his speech. I worried that youngest child wasn't sure of what the word, 'Penalised' meant, Said, 'Hey honey you do know the true meaning of Penalised?'
She replied, 'Of course Mummy, it means punished, or penalty, but still it makes us giggle.' I, me, sank back and thought, damn that child!

Oh, NorthKentMum, I have caught Loose Women a few times, intelligent females who make me laugh endlessly. and...

...My thoughts? Children are only screwed up about anything, if we parents instil such. In saying that, I am as guilty as the next, I just wake every morning, hoping I screw them up less... :)
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!
ThursdaysGirl

Post by ThursdaysGirl »

OK, this forum obviously doesn't concur with most dictionaries and has changed a few words ... I smile lots, such a hussy, huh?...
Thursdays Girl. :)
One World, One People, US!

Post by Guest »

I don't think it's a question of being screwed up or hung up about our bodies. Having mixed toilets at school will create more problems in my opinion than I would care to list.
I agree with the 'it's not on!' contingency.
Guest1234

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I don't think it's a question of being screwed up or hung up about our bodies. Having mixed toilets at school will create more problems in my opinion than I would care to list.
I agree with the 'it's not on!' contingency.
Guest1234
In future, men will not be nagged at by the females in the house for not putting the seat down; the girls will have got used to it by then because they have been doing it since primary school !!!! :wink:
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Mousaka wrote:Sorry to ask, but what is 'Loose woman'. i am unfamiliar with Tv programms during morning hours.
It's also the name of a Morris Dancing team from Kent (not surprisingly, the village of Loose) http://www.loosewomen.org.uk/. They used to be good - not seen then recently.
Capers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now