make up...what age? what are your thoughts please.

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scarlett

Re: make up...what age? what are your thoughts please.

Post by scarlett »

I did buy a clearasil facial wash for DS1 who started to look a bit spotty , but I think it's remained unused and his skin looks better ...so who knows ? I actually use quite a lot of body shop cleansers etc and I think they make my skin really bloom ...I suspect it's all individual !
doodles

Post by doodles »

It was bright blue in a square glass bottle in my day! and had a satisfying sting to it!

Boys are probably different 'cos DS just has one pump action face wash which seems to do the trick and doesn't sting. :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I remember dabbing witch hazel on my spots......or toothpaste. :shock:

I looked after a young man recently who apparently had terrible spots and every night smothered his face with sudo cream...well I nearly had a heart attack when I saw this white face peering at me in the dark ...I was very close to collapsing his bed into the resus position. :)
aargh

Post by aargh »

My dentist says that toothpaste is the best for spots. It is designed to tackle bacteria in an environment awash with liquid and constant invasions of noxious substances, so works even more effectively on skin where the adverse influxes do not occur. Night time is best because your body's defence systems are slower then and will not battle what you are smothering on.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Well, I'm rather impressed with your dentist , aargh...mine just grunts ..lovely to have one who turns their hand to other health issues.....I'm wondering how the topic came up though ? :shock:
doodles

Post by doodles »

It used to be toothpase for lovebites in my day not spots :shock: not that I ever had one, of course, I went to a Convent remember :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

That was a conversation killer , Doodles ! No one believes you though :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
aargh

Post by aargh »

We were discussing various mouthwashes because I have some crevices where a toothbrush doesn't fit- I was appalled to learn some of them are actually harmful to your teeth :shock:
Then we got onto other cleansing products (I had a big spot at the time) and he said stick to toothpaste because it is both cheaper and more effective (especially if you dilute it and smear it all over).

I often have interesting chats with my dentist, particularly when the DCs are having their check ups. My DCs are quite keen to go to the dentist because he is such an amenable fellow. He is very good at explaining exactly what he is doing and putting you at your ease.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

aargh wrote:My dentist says that toothpaste is the best for spots. It is designed to tackle bacteria in an environment awash with liquid and constant invasions of noxious substances, so works even more effectively on skin where the adverse influxes do not occur. Night time is best because your body's defence systems are slower then and will not battle what you are smothering on.
with the added bonus that you aren't walking around all day with dabs of toothpaste on your nose and cheeks..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now