Latest round of olympic tickets

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Latest round of olympic tickets

Post by Amber »

bondgirl wrote: By the way, :shock: is a very good emoticon for spontaneous haemorrhoids, don't you think?
I do indeed.
What about planned ones? :cry: would that do?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Oh well .... trying to get in the spirit. :lol:

My son is a volunteer games maker, and apparently has to be in position at the O2 at 5 30 in the morning. We really really don't know how to make that work :shock: Having been a student for 3 years now, he rarely surfaces much before 2 pm, we might need to call in the emergency services to make that work :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I feel a bit like Amber about it all. We somehow didn't apply in the first round, partly because we are 5 and also we realised too late that you have to have a Visa card, or rather, if you didn't it was all more complicated. I suspect at this stage you HAVE to have a Visa card, and I resent the thought of getting one because they say I must!! I feel a bit wistful when I think of all those people who have tickets, but hey, everywhere else will be quiet while the Games are on!
scary mum
dlb

Post by dlb »

We got no tickets in first 2 ballots but when tickets went up for sale again last Thursday we logged in and put athletics tickets in our basket dead on 11am when came up. We got 100m mens final tickets. Very pleased but whole system is a farce. If we had put in for any event (which we didn't) during 1st two ballots then we wouldn't have had opportunity to purchase athletics tickets. Didn't even know there was this 3rd sale of tickets until received email last week. My husband and I both tried to get tickets on our email accounts. He got the 100m final tickets but after 1 minute they were no longer available. I also got athletics tickets for the 2nd week too. I think the athletics tickets were gone very quickly. Very lucky. But why didn't they have more tickets up to begin with last year??Maybe they couldn't flog them at over inflated prices to corporate???? These are left overs????
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
laretta

Post by laretta »

Thank you to original poster!! When I received the email last week, I just binned it as trash- I had no idea there was a third bite of the cherry!! I've just logged on and purchased semi final men's diving, dd's will be over the moon when I tell them in the morning.

Thank you very much for the heads up!
Last edited by laretta on Tue May 15, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Looking for help wrote:Oh well .... trying to get in the spirit. :lol:

My son is a volunteer games maker, and apparently has to be in position at the O2 at 5 30 in the morning. We really really don't know how to make that work :shock: Having been a student for 3 years now, he rarely surfaces much before 2 pm, we might need to call in the emergency services to make that work :lol:
:lol:

He will make it I am sure. What an experience for him.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Yes.. we think mum or more likely dad will have to drive him there :shock:

I wish I was going to see the 100m final :cry:

Not to worry...whats the old saying...'think not what your country can do for you.....'

Apparently we're only in it for the trainers now :lol:
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol:

We are seeing the men's hurdles final as that is our favourite event.

If we hadn't got tickets we were planning to go into London to watch some of the events on the big screens in one of the parks. I think/hope the atmosphere will be amazing and things will run smoothly.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Looking for help wrote: I wish I was going to see the 100m final :cry: :
But just think, if you sneezed, by the time you had opened your eyes again it would be over.
mad?

Post by mad? »

We live in London, have spent hours trying to get tickets and got nothing. The torch goes past the end of our road and there is an 'event' in the park that afternoon. We have managed to get tickets for that but it will mean that we miss the torch if we go. Also, the park is closed to everyone else that day so the tickets will come in useful if we want to go anywhere (it is a thoroughfare). Delighted for everyone who has got some, but really fed up with the way it is being handled. Living locally our main communications about 2012 have been a series of warnings effectively telling us a) not to go to work b) not to use public transport c)not to drive anywhere d) not to park our cars anywhere and e) to be nice to all the visitors. So much for it being the 'London' Olympics. Grr.
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now