Olympic Torch

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amber

Re: Olympic Torch

Post by Amber »

At least you could tell what Misha was meant to be. Those mascots we have dreamed up look decidedly other-worldly. I drove along our own torch route earlier and banners covered in them and reminding us that it is 2012 were being interspersed with notices warning of "Severe delays on May 23- Olympic torch route"
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I agree with you on that one. Our children probably think our olympic mascot is a bag of crisps or a toothbrush . :?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol:

Does anyone know what they are supposed to be?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Fran17 wrote:
Surely you are going to offer to drive him in every morning and pick him up each night. :shock: :lol:
Nope :o
Fran17 wrote: Have you got a family member or good friend who lives a bit nearer who wouldn't mind putting him up. Let's face it all he will need is a bed.
I can imagine taking him to Richmond at bout 11 pm and giving him some newspaper
Amber

Post by Amber »

Fran17 wrote:Does anyone know what they are supposed to be?
No.

But apparently more than 100 designers submitted designs so heaven knows what the other 99 must have been like. They're probably something like 'a concept, a feeling, a spirit' (fetch bucket) rather than you know, an actual thing.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Fran17 wrote::lol:

Does anyone know what they are supposed to be?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Amber wrote:"Severe delays on May 23- Olympic torch route"
Welcome to my world...although our severe Olympic delays signs say July 20 - August 30th. Being so privileged to live in London and experience the games in our home town, we have also been door dropped with leaflets requesting us to effectively, to stay in doors for 6 weeks or leave. Nice.
If you see on TV on that a middle aged fat woman as poured a bath full of water on the torch and put it out in West London then do feel free to watch as it will be me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
mad?
Amber

Post by Amber »

I have been telling my children about you mad? I do feel for you. At least for us it's only a couple of days and you have to put up with it all summer long. If you fancy a day out away from it all, do come and visit...but I expect you won't be able to get out of the place, will you?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Amber wrote:I have been telling my children about you mad? I do feel for you. At least for us it's only a couple of days and you have to put up with it all summer long. If you fancy a day out away from it all, do come and visit...but I expect you won't be able to get out of the place, will you?
Thank you! I suspect there will be not routes 'out' for any of us...although I am still toying with the idea of renting the house out an emigrating for 6 weeks :lol:
mad?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Poor you mad?. As Amber quite rightly says our couple of days of inconvenience is nothing in comparison to what you have to put up with. We have friends who live in London and they are dreading it.