Olympic Torch

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarlett

Re: Olympic Torch

Post by scarlett »

You sound surprised Fran...have you forgotten the piccie you showed me of your own tutu you planned to wear ? Oh, were you hoping to keep it under your hat :shock: :P
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

scarlett wrote:Count me in Steve :D The torch will be a mere 3 miles away from my house , carried by my brother's friend and to cap it all it's the same day as my birthday ! I shall be the one wearing a patriotic tutu singing Land Of Hope And Glory. Did I spot Jack Sparrow in the crowd , by the way ? :shock:
Fran17 wrote:I would love to see the tutu! :lol: It's great that you know one of the torch bearers.
This thread will end up in rehab sooner or later, in the meantime you must try harder.

Enjoyed the flame passing over the Tamar bridge, and some of the Devon runners, guide dog and wheel chair assisted torch bearers.

Party tonight on Plymouth Hoe.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

stevew61 wrote:This thread will end up in rehab sooner or later, in the meantime you must try harder.

Enjoyed the flame passing over the Tamar bridge, and some of the Devon runners, guide dog and wheel chair assisted torch bearers.

Party tonight on Plymouth Hoe.
Ok Steve, I will try much harder. :wink:

It seems the torch bearers have been carefully chosen and they all seem very proud to have been selected.

I was keeping my tutu under wraps scarlett. :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I think Steve is wearing his tutu at the Plymouth Hoe party, Fran. :)
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I found the One Show when the torch landed on Bitish soil last night good.

Scarlett - I shall look out for the tutu!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: Yes, and very becoming Steve will look too. I am sure it will be a good party.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It gets to us on 20th June and it goes right past my front door :D

One of dd's teachers is running with the torch in Ripon and one of the pupils at dd's school, Jack Laugher (Olympic diving team) will hopefully (could be by now, not sure if it's all been decided yet?) be diving for Britain :D

I too watched the landing of the flame on The One Show last night, very historical. I loved the old man who'd played basketball in the last Olympics held here in Britain in 1946 (?) and how it compared to today's game/preparations.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Snowdrops wrote:I too watched the landing of the flame on The One Show last night, very historical. I loved the old man who'd played basketball in the last Olympics held here in Britain in 1946 (?) and how it compared to today's game/preparations.
We enjoyed watching that too Snowdrops. We did laugh when they compared the kit the elderly gentlemen wore to the present day basketball kit. :lol:
Last edited by Fran17 on Sat May 19, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

That was a good feature.
Storm

Post by Storm »

The torch came through Torbay yesterday! It was a great atmosphere. I'd recommend watching at a handover point, as then you can go and meet the torch bearer while he/she is waiting and have a photo taken with the torch.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now