Olympic Torch

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mad?

Re: Olympic Torch

Post by mad? »

Looking for help wrote::lol: My son has an interview for a job in central London on Friday......here's hoping transport runs on time :D
Good luck LFHDS, just leave twice as much time as one would normally, hope the central line is not closed as it was this afternoon/evening (ahhhhhhhh) and whatever he does, DO NOT take the advice of any well meaning volunteers in yellow bibs. If he gets lost/late, tell him to ask the grumpiest looking person he can find because the chances are that is the person who will actually be able to answer his question! Or it might be me :D
mad?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

mad? wrote:If he gets lost/late, tell him to ask the grumpiest looking person he can find because the chances are that is the person who will actually be able to answer his question! Or it might be me :D
hehe....like that....I will tell him to look out for a mad woman with 20 teenagers looking for a torch that has probably got stuck on the M4 olympic specially fast lane that has delays of over 2 days .

Lets report back on Saturday to see how we've got on :D
marigold

Post by marigold »

Welcome home from The Land Of The Cav mad? I could not imagine anything nicer than lying on your sofa with a large glass watching the Road Race but I have a feeling that if it is going to be a nightmare getting to Richmond getting to your part of the world may be even worse.

Sunday is more of a nightmare as we have to put DS on a train at Paddington at 10 am. ( Off to the camp recommended by a member of this forum a couple of years ago, how you all seem to influence my life decisions) A normal journey to London on a Sunday morning would take an hour, as Marylebone Road is now one lane, the A12 about 1/2 a lane and the North Circular probably closed for road works we are planning to leave at 6am. Huge amounts of camping type luggage precludes going on the train especially as we would have to travel through Stratford with 2 million others.

LFH, I will think of your son on Friday if you will think of me on Sunday !

PS I love the Olympics really, but seem to have reached the age that a good moan is genetically programmed in .

PPS I have five girls coming round for a Lord of The Rings Extended Edition marathon today, 11 hours in the dark watching flipping elves. I would rather be doing a barbecue for 20 in the glorious sunshine any day.
doodles

Post by doodles »

marigold wrote:PS I love the Olympics really, but seem to have reached the age that a good moan is genetically programmed in .

PPS I have five girls coming round for a Lord of The Rings Extended Edition marathon today, 11 hours in the dark watching flipping elves. I would rather be doing a barbecue for 20 in the glorious sunshine any day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

+1 :wink:
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

+ another one. That has started my day with a smile :D
mad?

Post by mad? »

+ me too. Hate the whole elf thing...
mad?
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I prefer elves to wizards, and there's only 3 of these. Not like a HP marathon which can last for something like 24 hours . Yuk.
Marigold, will be thinking of you on Sunday :roll: Good Luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now