Pocket Money

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest4

Post by guest4 »

hi,i let my 2 children do little jobs and give them a paypacket, it is great fun for them they love it,they also know that the bigger the job the more they will earn,i want them to know that you have to respect your belongings and if they look after everything and keep thier rooms tidy they will get paid well, they also get pocket money from grand parents(not every week) when their nanny visits them. when my eldest starts secondary school this year i will have to give him more pocket money and not give him lots of jobs as i do know he will have extra homework,but when they are still little make it fun,it does teach life skills,for instance when i moved in with my partner i could not believe he had no idea what bleach was for!his mother did everything for him and he had no idea. give your kids what you think is fair for their age,give them too much and they will just want more.
guest4

Post by guest4 »

also, the other thing we do is if my kids want a new toy or game i ask that they clear their bedrooms and give me the toys they no longer play with and i sell them on a well known site or do a yearly bootfair whatever belongs to them they get the money to buy new toys,my son is doing very well at this and has nearly saved enough to buy his own computer ready for big school,its the only way we can afford to pay for new gadgets.