Winchester

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ourmaminhavana

Re: Home ed

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Looking for help wrote:I hadn't heard of Winchester till I came on this forum, but I did study latin and ancient Rome.....so I would have only looked at you blankly LLL when I heard you say Winchester :lol:
:lol:

Agree absolutely, Amber.

Sorry, WFG, you're quite right to remind us all that this is Sherry's Home Ed thread. :)
Amber

Post by Amber »

ourmaminhavana wrote:
Agree absolutely, Amber
Not me...I didn't study Ancient Rome or Latin at my Midlands 'sink' (sic) comprehensive, so could have done blank stares too, or possibly slightly hostile ones if I thought someone was looking down on me and trying to make me look stupid for not having studied something.

And until yesterday, Winchester was a place I got diverted through once after they closed the motorway when I was trying to get to Southampton.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Sorry, I was referring to your separate comment, but forgot to cut and paste it. So maybe not going to Winchester produces non sequiturs :D
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amber

Post by Amber »

ourmaminhavana wrote:Sorry, I was referring to your separate comment, but forgot to cut and paste it. So maybe not going to Winchester produces non sequiturs :D
Could you translate that please? :lol:
inmystride

Post by inmystride »

Loopyloulou wrote:
That is the advantage Winchester and similar schools will give, that grammar schools cannot.
Loopyloulou - are you for real?
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Amber wrote:
ourmaminhavana wrote:Sorry, I was referring to your separate comment, but forgot to cut and paste it. So maybe not going to Winchester produces non sequiturs :D
Could you translate that please? :lol:
Mea culpa :oops: :lol:
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

This thread has completely gone OT :(

Perhaps Mods can split this up so those who want to banter about Winchester and all things related can continue to do so.

This topic has been split from Home ed as requested.
Impossible is Nothing.
Amber

Post by Amber »

sherry_d wrote:This thread has completely gone OT :(

Perhaps Mods can split this up so those who want to banter about Winchester and all things related can continue to do so.
Sorry, I will depart. I only got involved because I feel that some things cannot go unchallenged.
As you know I am a great fan of home ed as I feel it offers opportunities to learn about things not on the narrow school curriculum; to foster creativity and curiosity for the wider world; to open minds and foster good human values.
Carpe diem :wink:
Looking for help

Re: Winchester

Post by Looking for help »

All this latin is making me feel quite giddy.... :lol: