Is your 16 year old DC driving you made yet!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scary mum

Re: Is your 16 year old DC driving you made yet!

Post by scary mum »

Guest55 wrote:Mine had working experience post GCSE and carried on going in for orchestra etc for the summer concert.

If they are doing Maths AS may I recommend doing some preparation work? We set ours some holiday work so we can hit the ground running in September.
Mine has found a job now, thank goodness. Can you recommend any websites, G55 as DD is likely to be doing maths and hasn't been set any work (has been set lots of English)?
scary mum
chocolate

Post by chocolate »

Hi All

Have been unsuccessful finding work so far, although a bit tricky, around two weeks work experience (which was hard to find) and our three week summer holiday (can't wait for some sunshine, I must be guaranteed it abroad)!! 8)

Please could you advise where your DC's have managed to find work, as we are finding most places don't take them until they are 18? :o

My son has also been given quite a bit of English AS prep work, but no other subjects?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

DD wandered up and down the local high street & was very quickly offered 2. It's worth a try.
scary mum
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Mine were lucky at this stage living near Thorpe Park and Legoland - lots of jobs for the summer.

Also bearing in mind they are off for much of June July and August, even with a prebooked summer holiday, there's plenty of time for work. It's more difficult in the summer of y12, they don't have so long.

But the high street stores are great for a 4 hour slot on a Sat/ Sun which they can keep going through y12 and y13....it's best to just keep applying.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now