ST CLEMENT DANES & BIOMETRICS (& OTHER SCHOOLS' INVOLVEMENT)

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kiwimum

Re: ST CLEMENT DANES & BIOMETRICS (& OTHER SCHOOLS' INVOLVEM

Post by Kiwimum »

She could keep it in the freezer with the fish fingers! :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

I have just got round to reading the big pile of paper sent by the school DD is hoping to join for sixth form, and having discarded all the exhortations to donate money to the school, which took up 8 of the 11 pages I was sent, I have discovered that they use this system too. In answer to the OP, there is a paragraph headed ' If I object to my child being fingerprinted, what will happen?'. The answer is 'your child will have to leave the school and you will be reported to the local constabulary as you obviously have something to hide.'

Not really. It says that alternative methods of ID are on offer, including smartcards, PIN numbers, passwords and photo lookup.
They also provide reassurance that an injury to the thumb would not prevent identification, 'unless it resulted in major disfigurement'. So, double whammy really - major disfigurement and no dinner.
*** CONFUSED !!! ***

Post by *** CONFUSED !!! *** »

Hi everyone
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who has taken the time to input to this thread.
It has been an interesting read :)

Still looking for anyone who has opted out of biometrics ........ would really appreciate some input from non-consenters.

By the way, just to update to make it clearer, although I did see some advantages to the system (particularly as my DC regularly loses things), I personally did not consent as I did not feel comfortable with "giving my DC's identity / something so personal to my DC" to anyone .... neither myself nor my DC have absolutely anything to hide, my DC never truants or causes trouble, etc.
I had already decided to "opt out", and then, I also found an article on the net that stated "biometrics is not suitable for children as childrens' fingerprints change due to growth".
Furthermore, I then found out that there have been numerous cases of misuse of biometrics. Moreso I also read on various sites that the system is not foolproof.
From my aspect, this just backed up my personal concerns.

I am not stating this to influence anyone ..... as I believe it is down to the individual as to their own personal choice. Nor indeed am I stating it to worry anyone ... in fact I am concerned that I may worry someone but that is not my intention: I am just trying to explain where I am coming from on this issue.

Anyway, unfortunately I have not got the time to reply properly at the moment, but I wanted to say "thank you" so much for your replies. Must dash, and thank you so much everyone for your input. :)
Knowledge is power

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now