#sitjet

#hifny
what on earth does this hashtag mean

sitting in traffic jam ebaying tickets

has it finished yet
asdguest

Re: The Olympics - London 2012

Post by asdguest »

sherry_d wrote:I just love how people are so miserable and moan about everything and anything.

I for one am looking forward to the Olympics....Come on Nation GB :lol:
But moaning is half the fun for us Brits.

I am really looking forward to the opening ceremony! Am imagining it like one of those plays you have been to watch at school by the mad drama teacher who has not put on a 'proper' play but some madcap 'adlib' mishmash of absolutely everything that is truly bonkers.
Last edited by asdguest on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Oh, ok Herman, thanks. :?

What about #aitoowftofat ?

Am I the only one who feels too old for all this?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Lovely sunny day here in Trafford and I am just mustering the troops to set off for Old Trafford for an evening of Olympic football including Team GB v Senegal. Just dusting off my Union flag. Watch out for me on the telly. I'll be the one with a paper hat made out of VR Test 11A. :lol:
Amber

Post by Amber »

sherry_d wrote:I just love how people are so miserable and moan about everything and anything.

I for one am looking forward to the Olympics....Come on Nation GB :lol:
It's only that living here is starting to feel more and more like it must have felt in the Soviet Union when they showed the increasing tractor production and bumper potato harvest on TV every night, amid declarations of how happy everyone was...One of my kids was reading out of the newspaper last night about how well the Olympic traffic lanes were working, not slowing traffic down at all, in fact if anything, speeding up all the happy commuters. My BF was texting me almost at the same time telling me she had been stuck in stationery traffic for almost 2 hours, looking longingly at an empty Olympic lane, and was in danger of missing her flight from Heathrow.

I think Brits like to see irony in situations, that's all: it's not that we don't love it ( :? ), just that being told how much we are loving it makes some of us want to rebel. :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Agreed Amber.. thing that really annoyed me this morning was some comment that:
safe and secure olympic games matters more than anything else.
OK so what about the rest of the country? - can imagine we could have terrorism, crime wave, riots & other disasters but all would be OK because the olympics were going well.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

And children flying off around the world without passports and tickets? Is that because all the security is down in London just now ?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Looking for help wrote:And children flying off around the world without passports and tickets? Is that because all the security is down in London just now ?
8) That story doesn't really ring true - kid has never been abroad and doesn't have a passport - presumably doesn't know his way around airports ... quite tricky to keep heading in the right direction at airports to actually get on the plane you want - cherchez les journalistes :wink:

He said he had just been looking for a lavatory and kept searching until he ended up on the plane.
“I went to the toilet and sat there but I couldn’t get out. Then 'whoosh’, we were going up in the sky.”
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Crazy
Sounds like a plant :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Looking for help wrote:Crazy
Sounds like a plant :lol:
Ive been thinking the same thing - there's no way my 11 year old could have done this, and he's been on plenty of planes. (Sorry, off topic :oops: )
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now