High pupli and teachers turnover, what do you think?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nicemum

High pupli and teachers turnover, what do you think?

Post by nicemum »

Will you place your child in a school with high pupil and student turnover, what are the pros and cons?
Kiwimum

Re: High pupli and teachers turnover, what do you think?

Post by Kiwimum »

I think it would depend on the reason for the high turn over.
My children's primary school has a high turn over because we live next to a RAF base and families move in and out regularly. It's always sad to see friends leave especially if your children have really bonded with them but I don't think it affects their education at all.
There are lots of possible reasons for a high turn over and I would investigate what the reason was before I would consider a school for my children.
I think a high turn over in teaching staff would be more of a worry!
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

A high turnover in teaching staff could be healthy if the school is encouraging promotion and opportunities. A staid, inward looking staff would be more worrying. Why are staff and pupils leaving - is it dissatisfaction with the school, or a natural turnover. Why are people staying - satisfied with the school, or can't be bothered to move?
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

high turnover due to kids from diff parts of the world - families moving and the teachers - well most seem to be here on a learning and language experience - such that that majority of teachers and pupils have english as their 2nd language, does fit the school set up but for a longer stay pupil or native bred - might be detrimental i think in terms of speaking properly
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now