panorama wifi

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

Sayed, you sound like an expert. I will get rid off my TV, mobile phone(s), wi-fi, microwave cooker, stero system, my car, my pc and the plasma tv, and go live in a cave.
Karen

Post by Karen »

By the time the effects of all this radiation start to show, it will be attributed to senile dementia. What came first, the chicken or the egg?

K
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Oh No...does this mean I shouldn't sit in front of the computer/laptop 24/7?
How then can one know what is going on on the forum?

Seriously, I am rather concerned as my older kiddo spends at least 2and a half hours daily on the computer each school night and sometimes more on the weekend as a lot of work requires the computer.
He's also doing ICT rotation at school and has to use the computer for various things (research/ writing pieces).
Daddy spends quite a lot of time on his computer and we have wifi connection and therefore a11 this radiation going a11 over my ye11ow coloured house.

Should I rea11y be worried or not, Sayed?

Post by Guest »

Hence in radiotherapy they use field beams (may be called something else), causes DNA damage to health tissue but still able to repair itself.
Yes Sayed but as any radiologist will tell you it is perfectly possible for the only X-ray you have ever had in your life to kill you. Thats why when ordering X-rays, bone scans, CT scans etc you need to consider the cost benefit analysis to determine if the benefit of the X-ray outways the potential harm. Thats why most radiology departments will no longer X-ray lumbar spines for simple low back pain. Thats why we have IR(MER) guidelines and IR(MER) training within hospital trusts.

Have you read the research into WiFi Sayed? I agree counfounding variables are a problem in any research involving humans but I would hesitate to condone or condem current research without having read the research papers and fully critiqued the research process.

Loulou

Post by Guest »

Daddy spends quite a lot of time on his computer and we have wifi connection and therefore a11 this radiation going a11 over my ye11ow coloured house.
I'm sure you are OK LBSWM. If I remember correctly ye11ow houses absorb radiation!!

Joking aside the same thought keeps going around my mind as we are a wireless household. Currenlty trying to persuade hubby to wire the boys computer up to the home hub but he is being very laid back about the whole thing. Think he's been taking lessons from your son!

Loulou
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

If I remember correctly ye11ow houses absorb radiation!!
Thanks Loulou,
going to get a decorator to repaint the house and line the rooms with lead.
That's the problem with wiring...lots of potential dusting required.

A cave does not look like an unattractive option.
OK going now, have absorbed more than my daily dose of whatever is emitting from the laptop...
Sayed

Post by Sayed »

There is no need to take the biscuit guys. If anyone had read what I said properly, I was being critical of the article and trying to point out there are many other factors including EM radiation from other sources.

Guest/Loulou, yeah thanks but I did worked with consultant and SpR Radiologists, of course there is an assessment of how much radiation one should be exposed to i.e. x-rays. I am not discounting the research but remember MMR? Oh, to be honest when cost issue comes into health care, it always undermines the doctors’ decision thanks to the bureaucrats. After talks from our professor in clinical epidemiology and doctors/lecturers, it's going to be a more important issue in ever-stretched NHS...shame for the general public fortunately I will be on the other side.

ROFL, shame the new more powerful draft-N wireless protocol is coming out and the increasing WiMax services in cities and towns!

Everyone get out your tin hats!
loulou

Post by loulou »

Oh, to be honest when cost issue comes into health care, it always undermines the doctors’ decision thanks to the bureaucrats. After talks from our professor in clinical epidemiology and doctors/lecturers, it's going to be a more important issue in ever-stretched NHS...shame for the general public fortunately I will be on the other side.
I work on the other side and have done for 20 years. Long gone are the days when health care workers were well looked after Sayed. I would start looking for private health insurance now!!
Sayed

Post by Sayed »

Not from the doctors I've heard from. Then again, I could always see my brother as he should qualify soon. Lol
Sayed

Post by Sayed »

Sorry :roll: . The introduction of WiMax and Draft-N wireless protocal means ever more powerful Wifi, the latter with up to 300 metres range.

How about increasing wifi in public places with the advent of the above new technologies?
Bluetooth also operates at 2.4Ghz frequency, which wifi operates at. Though am I right in saying, 2.4Ghz is the same frequency as a microwave oven?