Good TV programmes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest201

Re: Good TV programmes

Post by guest201 »

My DCs 7 and 9 absolutely love Rainbow, as I did when I was their age, we have a box set of DVDs and they watch them over and over again.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh dear, I just tested by DDs out with the first episode of Noggin the Nog on You Tuba. It was declared too scary - Nogbad was the culprit.

Back to the drawing board!
monapotsnooper

Post by monapotsnooper »

Ah, what wonderful memories!

In our house, thanks to The Clangers, spaghetti is always referred to as blue string pudding and we still have original Noggin the Nog and Pogles Wood story LPs.

Does anyone else remember Bizzy Lizzy? She had a magic flower on her dress which she pressed to make her wishes come true. Others I remember well are the Woodentops and a little later on Barbapappa, Barnaby and Here Comes Bod.

Amber - I think Finger Mouse was from the Fingerbobs programme wasn't he? His friends were a shrimp called Scampi and a seagull called Bird.

:D :D :D :D :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Wasn't allowed to watch Button Moon as I think it was on ITV!!

BBC only in our house when I was growing up :lol:
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Does anyone remember Portland Bill? With all the charcters named after areas in the shipping forecast - Ross, Cromarty, Fastnet, etc?

Or Animal Magic with Johnny Morris doing all the voices to make the animals "talk"?

Or Gumdrop (narrated by Nigel Planer of the Young Ones)? Or the orginal "Little Red Tractor" (not the modern version) naratted by Brian Glover/Richard Briers?
2littleboysmum

Post by 2littleboysmum »

'Here comes Bod, here comes Auntie Flo, here comes Farmer Barleymow...', I remember it well! and didn't it become all about Alberto Frog and his Amazing Animal Band half way through? what flavour milkshake would he choose, the hippos think strawberry etc. Happy days! hopefully at least one person can understand/ relate to this post!

Pigeon Street anyone with the very PC Carla the long distance lorry driver?
Chilled

Post by Chilled »

Yes, I remember Lizzy and her magic wishing flower. As a child I had a dress with a flower on it and used to try and make wishes myself. I'm also old enough to remember the Woodentops and Andy pandy but Pogles Wood was my favourite. I'm so pleased to find some other people who actually remember it.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Yes - Pogles wood with Pippin and Tog, Noggin the Nog, the Herbs, we still do the Spotty Dog impression from the Woodentops, Clangers, the only cartoon I used to like was the Czechoslovakian mole.

Happy times
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Just remembered that we used to get imported programmes like Belle and Sebastien and The Flashing Blade. Loved those!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now