The Musing of a Headteacher...anyone else reading this blog?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MyUniMoney

The Musing of a Headteacher...anyone else reading this blog?

Post by MyUniMoney »

Just found this blog and find it an enlightening insight into a school headteachers world. It helps me in a way , to understanding the many things that happens in a school.

removed by a moderator, links to blogs are not allowed, see forum rules

Added / edit: Sorry, moderator.

Oh dear, no links to blog it seems. I thought it will be exempted as its really a rare opportunity to be able to see inside the world of a headteacher, which gives me as a parent great appreciation of their work and adjust my own conduct as a parent when dealing with my child's' school.

But you can easily Google the heading of this post above and the blog is titled exactly that! Is that ok moderator?

Its a real shame if this is edited out as well. Its really not an attempt to promote the blog, I don't know that blogger, honestly! I just like other parents to enrich their knowledge in the workings of a school.
Last edited by MyUniMoney on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Re: The Musing of a Headteacher...anyone else reading this b

Post by mystery »

Impressive. It sounds like an extremely good head. The only thing I would worry about is that you could work out who was who including some children and parents if you happened to be a parent at that school.

It's not our school.
JRM

Post by JRM »

I read that and thought it was a bit too frank to be out there in the open. If a parent from that school stumbled accross it I'm sure they could identify their school and the children involved. That seems particularly unwise from a headteacher. I am left hoping that it is fictional based on experiences over the last few years mixed together, rather than an actual diary style blog.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

JRM wrote:I read that and thought it was a bit too frank to be out there in the open. If a parent from that school stumbled accross it I'm sure they could identify their school and the children involved. That seems particularly unwise from a headteacher. I am left hoping that it is fictional based on experiences over the last few years mixed together, rather than an actual diary style blog.
agree - some people don't realise that it can become easy to identify schools / people etc through blogs - they need generic characters and recurrent stories eg one of the good medical ones has Mrs Anxious, Mr Spleen, Mr Colon, the Commando, Mrs Frequent, Mr Enormous, Mrs Bloat, Mrs Demanding and Mr Ouzo - regular characters and with stories which are an amalgam of experiences.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now