Draw a Person

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
scarlett

Re: Draw a Person

Post by scarlett »

I've only just looked at this thread as assumed it was one of those quizzes and I'm not great at drawing.

My DD used to draw all the detail in her pictures too and while she definitely isn't a child genius , she is very perceptive and sensitive to how people are feeling. As well as drawing fine detail, she would also capture people's expressions/ personality spot on . DH would have a grumpy face and my MIL would look like a crazy nutter. :shock: Obviously I would look kind and smiley. Perhaps your DD is the same ?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

My 'middle' was always drawn as a circle. Everyone else had matchstick middles.
Perceptive little...
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

When about 5 and at a very alternative educational setting my DD was asked to draw her family. Her father and I split up when she was very small and my now husband had been with us for about 2 years.

She drew me, herself and then her dad. Clothed.
Next to us was my DH, naked, and with rather a large (down to his knees) member!

When I picked her up, the teacher beckoned me over, and silently showed me the drawing. Given that she knew about the family situation ,and that she knew my professional background I braced myself.

"Wow" she said, " i can see what you chose him as a new partner!"

:oops:
Last edited by neveragain* on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

:lol: :lol:

An aside, but neveragain*'s post made me think of it. If you ever want to hide something from your little children put it in Daddy's pants drawer. They never look in there.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

:lol: How embarrassing..but very funny !

I wish teachers didn't point out anything shameful really. When DS1 was in reception they all had to say something about their parents. Apparently, I make good cakes and then DS announced that his Dad has a huge *****. :shock: Sorry to lower the tone. ( but you started it Neveragain :lol: )

Oh, and just remembered DS friend said his mum had nice boobies. I bet the teacher wished she hadn't started that one !
ginx

Post by ginx »

Out of my 4 children, the 3rd has got to gs, and her drawing is the best. Lots of tiny details noted. But not in perspective. Amazingly long eye lashes (down to her chin) and very big eyes .... big round tummy ... she's improved but always noticed lots of things. But she is quite good at art. But not the next Picasso!

Our school always includes a drawing by the child at the back page of their annual school report. Is that for parents to see progress? I've always found it rather amusing.

Regarding stories told by children, in year 1, my son drew a car, and wrote a long story about how his dad had chosen a new (well, second hand) car, it had broken down, Mum had got Very Cross (sounds like Biff and Chip story). I think the teacher thought we were splitting up! I just knew we had chosen the wrong car!

My dd2 wrote that her older brother was a dragon; that she is very jealous of her younger brother; that she wants to study art and chemistry at Cardiff university. Have no idea where that has come from. Her art is not brilliant and I can't believe she's done much chemistry in year 6!
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

Sensitive & perceptive, two of dd's more predominate traits here too Scarlett. Also includes being highly manipulative and wrapped round her tiny little finger endearing! But I guess they are all traits that naturally stem from simply being perceptive, so it does make sense in a way. So I'll hold back on that Mensa application, and enjoy her artwork for what it is, your MIL drawings sound amusingly similar, usually less severe with the hair, but that's because she always adds horns...I have no idea where she got that idea from :wink:

And how hilarious neveragain! The family pictures that were drawn in the packed surgery waiting room, also included a naked DH, no shoes, nothing at all, and when I asked if she was going to add any, she loudly exclaimed No! Daddy is always naked :shock: ...I guess the morning rush time she gets to spend with him is largely spent showering etc..so in her mind, that is probably quite true!
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

scarlett wrote::lol: How embarrassing..but very funny !

I wish teachers didn't point out anything shameful really. When DS1 was in reception they all had to say something about their parents. Apparently, I make good cakes and then DS announced that his Dad has a huge *****. :shock: Sorry to lower the tone. ( but you started it Neveragain :lol: )

Oh, and just remembered DS friend said his mum had nice boobies. I bet the teacher wished she hadn't started that one !

My DD (same one) also told her teacher that I "sucked my own boobies"

I honestly wonder why social services have never been called.

When I asked her why she said this, and reminded her that this was not true, she said, in a sing song loud voice, on the school playground

" well, you could suck them if you wanted to mummy......"

:shock:

Ps - I couldn't have in those days........... :lol:
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Sorry OP, totally lowered the tone. Off to work now, and won't lower any further......
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I haven't laughed so much in ages ! What a boost to the immune system :D

How bizarre ! I expect you kept the conversation going in the staff room !!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now