Which tablet?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Which tablet?

Post by scary mum »

Does anyone have any experience of tablet computers other than iPads? I have a 1st generation iPad which gets used a lot, but I know that scary dad would really like one of his own. I can't really afford (or justify) another iPad (actually I'm not sure I can afford or justify another tablet!) and wondered whether anyone knew anything about the other tablets as there seem to be so many of them. I think one that runs on the Android system might fit the bill as there are plenty of apps for that. The Kindle fire is cheap, but I don't believe there are many apps available. It won't be used for reading as DH already has a basic Kindle.

Thanks for your help.
scary mum
LazyDaisy

Re: Which tablet?

Post by LazyDaisy »

Hi scary mum,
I've just bought a Google Nexus 7 32GB and it is fantastic. It has access to all the Android apps on the Google Play store. It is currently reduced to £179 at a well known mobile phone shop (don't know if I am allowed to post the name but think of cars and phones!!!)
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, I don't know exactly what a tablet is. Is it like a laptop or an iPad?
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Ginx, it's like an iPad, keypad popping up on screen when needed, with no CD/DVD drives.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Is it Just like an iPad? I need to look, I suppose. Could get one for dd2 for Christmas (if share the cost with grandparents, godparents, everyone!) I need to look.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thank you! I might order one tomorrow if I'm feeling brave!
scary mum
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Yes Ginx, the iPad is infact a tablet. My DD has one (which I use all the time), not an iPad though. They are brilliant for surfing the net and the 11+ forum. :wink: I am now in my cosy bed typing away to you. I used to use my DD's iPod in bed, but now the tablet has taken over. There are several on the market to choose from. There was a thread on here a week or two ago with someone wanting advice on tablets. Worth looking into, they are fab!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now