Post 101

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Marylou

Re: Post 101

Post by Marylou »

I should of thought of something to put in post 101, and if I could of I really would of...
Marylou
KS10

Post by KS10 »

In a bad mood as just got back from Christmas work do even though I no longer work. The music was rubbish; didn't get to dance at all; ended up at a friend's house; fell asleep for about 3 hours on her sofa. Positive: it was a cheap night.

So, apart from a sh*** night out, what annoys me?

Sharing a taxi and not knowing if the last person was given enough money to pay the driver..
People hinting that I've done well to stay married as long as I have.
Adult bullies in the workplace who spend half their time lecturing children about bullying.
DD's ex-friend's mother.
Definately! How many more times? It's d e f i n i t e l y. If you don't believe me look it up.

I'm sure I'll think of more but I really need to sleep.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I work in retail, and what annoys me is when people answer their mobile phone as they get to the counter. The call is never an emergency. A few polite ones will respond with 'I will call you back'. However, phones now have caller I D. They can see who's calling, and always call back. You don't have to answer immediately. I've served customers who have spent their whole time chatting to someone else. Rude!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Waterproof plasters that aren't.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I love this thread...can I have another go?

People whose dog has just come and slobbered all over you/jumped up on you yapping/tried to mate with your lower leg, who then gaze fondly at the animal and then at you and say 'ah, he likes you.' I have been so close to saying 'it's not mutual' or 'actually, I really hate dogs' (which is only partly true)...but that would be a bit like saying 'goodness, what an ugly baby' to a fond mother, wouldn't it?
ginx

Post by ginx »

Drivers racing round a supermarket car park looking for a space, trying to beat other drivers to the only available space. Pathetic.
Shoppers pushing trolleys into me. It can hurt! It's not my fault if I'm in the way! Today I couldn't move!
Shopping generally.
Food shopping at the shop where you eat less for more.
Shopping there today.
People going mad in shops because it's Christmas.
Clothes sales before Christmas where the only sizes available are 8 or 22. (Ok, I could try and become a size 8 but let's be honest, it's never going to happen.)

Sorry! but the brass band that drones on (dd1 plays in it so feel guilty!) I love carols but not when I'm stressed. Same carols over and over for four hours.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Marylou wrote:I should of thought of something to put in post 101, and if I could of I really would of...
Here here.

Also 'what are you doing for New Year's
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Adults who cycle on the foot path and then give you a load of verbal abuse when you tell them there is a road there!
People who allow their dogs to foul the pavement!
People who don't allow you to get off a tube/bus/train first, before they get on!
Mothers at the school gates who are always 'gossiping' about others!
Drivers who don't care if you get splashed by the huge puddle they have driven over!
People who drive whilst using their mobile phone!
People who throw litter out of their car!
Person who dropped a whole chow mein outside my driveway the morning of the 11+ results day and when I opened my curtains, there was one magpie eating it!
People who allow their DC to stand in the shopping trolleys!
People who don't wash their hands after going to the loo!
DC who don't say 'please' or 'thank you'!
Parents that are always moaning about the bus driver, teacher, headmistress etc and clearly don't allow for a minor error........we are all human!
Ringing for a doctors appointment only to be told the next available appointment is in 3-5 days!

Gosh, I could be here all day! Must go and finish my Christmas shopping. I guess I'll back after with a few more about shopping! :wink:

P.S. Someone mentioned before about being warned about 'flash photography'. This is a health warning as it can trigger off severe headaches/migraines in many people!
ginx

Post by ginx »

I have got to tell you the most disgusting thing I saw regarding a dog.

A man was cycling along with two dogs on leads, one on either handlebar. One was having err, don't want to be banned, the "runs" so there was mess spraying everywhere behind this man. I was absolutely disgusted and called after him to stop, his dog was clearly not well. He just swore at me.

This was right opposite a comp with 1800 pupils. Many would have walked through it.

He should go into Room 101 and simply never come out. It was cruel to the dog too.

Dog owners should always pick up their doggie do-do's (or doggie don't-don'ts as we call them!)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Marylou wrote:I should of thought of something to put in post 101, and if I could of I really would of...
:lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now