Post 101

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Post 101

Post by ToadMum »

stevew61 wrote: parking on the zig-zags outside school (see BMW's) :lol:
Inconsiderate / illegal parking get my goat, as well, but did have a laugh one day at school pick-up time. The passenger in a parked car swung her door open - right into the pole carrying the explanation of what the funny yellow paint job that they were paked on meant :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ginx

Post by ginx »

I feel like reporting registration numbers and I'm so horrible, it's tempting to post drivers' names where known. Because it's always the same ones, and they always seem to have the biggest, newest cars.

I'm mean.

All those drivers into room 101 forever. Because it won't be long until they hit a child, or adult.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

BMW driver at DD2's primary parks on the double yellows around a mini roundabout at her school.
I thought that was two separate offences but he reportedly only had to shout at a community policeman to get him to go away and leave him alone!!!
Law and order leaves a lot to be desired.
School does not seem interested in its pupils safety either :? Drivers child/children would be expelled from school if I had my way.

Range Rover drivers are the worse though (IMO).
Am tempted by a couple of BMW's but the stigma is very off putting :?
um

Post by um »

I do agree with the posts about mad parkers (I am not one of them and do not drive a BMW :D ) but top prize has to go to the planners who decided to build my younger children's Primary School (2-form entry, serving a relatively wide rural area, built in '03) down a tiny narrow cul de sac that can only fit one car at a time driving through it.

You cannot even imagine the absolute nightmare every morning and afternoon. :roll:

Well done, planners.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

People who don't indicate before turning.

Mums in DD's school who park behind others, blocking them in and then take ages returning to their cars because they were busy chatting

Bad manners

I'm, like, really liking this thread, and I'm, like, thinking, like why didn't anyone, like, start this before!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

My OH has a BMW and is a very considerate driver. However he has had more speeding fines than you can shake a stick at - always doing something like 34 in a 30. (you can't get a fine for anything less). These have not been from cameras, you understand, but from guns. Policemen do not like BMW drivers either.

He is now scared to leave the house, and is looking forward to changing his car to a Polo.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Looking for help, I sympathise with your dh. I've always wondered if drivers with posh cars like BMW's (no offence, just an element of jealousy), get done for speeding before say, my ancient tank of a people carrier.

Can't be true. I've done two speed awareness courses in just over three years (you're allowed three years between, I tipped it with three years and one month) for doing 35 and 36 in a built up area, in the same place.

Dh has just been done too for the first time (snigger, 37mph in a 30 limit). He has decided he'd rather have the points; the speed awareness course is the same cost as points, and he'd have to take time off work to do the speed awareness course (time = money). He doesn't depend upon driving for a living, and he has never had points before.

On the course, we sat in a circle and had to say, for example, "my name is ginx and I was speeding because I was not concentrating" (I just copied other people's reasons). Actually, I considered speeding at 35 a hundred or so metres away from any house not to be a crime as I slow down - once inside the speed limit - which is just wrong, you should slow down outside the 30 sign. Oh, this is just boring. I drive along in a dream in the countryside.

Obviously I didn't learn from my mistake. I'm just waiting to do it again. :roll:
doodles

Post by doodles »

TV presenters who, when they want the audience to clap, say "Give it up for....." Give up what? Chocolate?.

People who say "you know" in every sentence they speak.

The people who park over half my drive because "you can get out of the other half".

Customer services telephone lines where they keep repeating "your call is important to us" - if it is that important why don't they answer?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

doodles wrote:
The people who park over half my drive because "you can get out of the other half".

?
I would be tempted to reply with "yes but I am really a not a terribly good driver, needs lots of space....... nice car you have there :wink: "
ginx

Post by ginx »

Paying to park in a hospital car park.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now