Not long till 1 March ...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

stroudydad

Re: Not long till 1 March ...

Post by stroudydad »

UmSuSu, you're never to old to be cool. My wife and I have made a pact that we will (hopefully) grow old disgracefully. Wife is just about to get pink hair :D
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

stroudydad wrote:UmSuSu, you're never to old to be cool. My wife and I have made a pact that we will (hopefully) grow old disgracefully. Wife is just about to get pink hair :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am with you stroudydad. In fact I think I am cooler than my kids (most of the time) but they don't agree :D

UmSusu
UmSusu
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

I love it when I do something that DD2 thinks is cool (or even better, coooooool), but I like doing boring dad stuff too :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

UmSusu wrote:Oh Readingmum and Tinkers sound so cool - we will see if you can resist when the time comes and the rumours start about how some people think you can still access online :wink:

UmSusu
8)

I will check the Reading web site the night before to check they haven't changed it from 9:00am if that makes you feel any better. To be fair I'm usually a reasonably calm person (unless I have had to tell Dd more than 3 times to do something).

Or maybe I just sound cool in general. :wink:

More than likely I will be at work, drowning in it :( and forget to check at 9:00 so hopefully my phone will ping at me instead.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I think in Kent we have to wait until 4 pm for n email. I honestly can 't remember what we I'd two years ago.

I 'm enjoying not having to think too much about it all at the moment, because after march 1st, I'll have an appeal to prepare.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

In Essex you can wait for an email, but if it is anything like the eleven plus results, you could be waiting some time.

The best way is to log on to the LEA admission site, where you submitted your online application, as allocations go live at midnight. You need your user name and password. At midnight a list of your chosen schools will be posted with 'allocated' next to one of your choices. This is the school your child will be going to.

We did this last year. Email came through eventually at 6.30am. This is how Essex works. Not sure about other areas.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Only 30 sleeps! :D
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Ha ha forgot about February being a shorter month!

Only 27 days to go :lol:

Edit: Eeeeek I keep seeing that four leaf clover moving up and up my ladder! I want it to go the other way now :lol: I think it's going really quickly! Good luck everyone!!
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

In hertfordshire we dont get our allocation until around 6pm on 1st march!! They say it is to stop parents contacting their childs school during the day to tell them their allocation plus to let it sink in overnight before seeing everyone at school the next day. Being a friday this year it means that if there are serious issues then you have to wait until monday morning to be able to make any queries!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The first year Herts went online and starting sending emails they sent them during the day. Unfortunately parents started turning up at the schools demanding to see their children to tell them the news or repeatedly phoning the schools. They caused so much disruption that HCC were forced to agree to only start sending the email after the school day had finished. We were not expecting ours so soon and it was only where we saw a post from another member local to us that we checked and there it was. I was very glad both dd's were there, I certainly would not have wanted to get the email without them. It was a pivotal moment for all three of us as our school has a sibling policy. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now