Logging in

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Logging in

Post by Amber »

Just select it all and press 'copy'. You don't actually have to paste it unless the message disappears. I have learned this through bitter experience.
ginx

Post by ginx »

I don't believe it - I just typed a message only saying "thank you for the advice." and it disappeared! Fortunately it was only a short message and I've logged in ... again ...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

probably a daft question, but have you ticked 'log me in automatically on each visit'?
Amber

Post by Amber »

yoyo123 wrote:probably a daft question, but have you ticked 'log me in automatically on each visit'?
Nope. But I do have it all set up to log in easily, and you can't draft a reply unless you are logged in. I never tick the box saying anyone can do anything automatically to me - comes from my previous career. :wink:
ginx

Post by ginx »

Yoyo123, no, I hadn't ticked to log myself in automatically on each visit ... so I did ... suddenly there is only one new post (diets).

Do mods remove new posts when they feel like it?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

ginx wrote:

no, not unless it breaks the rules
ginx

Post by ginx »

But loads went at once! They seem back now, this was with my last message. I think I'm going mad (or is it my iMac?) :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

ginx wrote:Yoyo123, no, I hadn't ticked to log myself in automatically on each visit ... so I did ... suddenly there is only one new post (diets).

As yoyo says, we never remove posts unless they break the rules, and geniuine members always get a PM to explain where they have gone wrong.

If you were using "View New Posts", then that does occasionally refresh itself, particularly if you have logged out and back in.

Amber, I have been logging into the Forum automatically for nearly 8 years now, and there has never beeen a problem. I think you are safe to tick the box now!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am sure you have, but I am happy in my own sweet way, Sally-Anne.

And I am proud to say that despite my sailing close to the wind and courting controversy on occasion, I have never once been 'modded out'. :wink:
mad?

Post by mad? »

Amber wrote:I am sure you have, but I am happy in my own sweet way, Sally-Anne.

And I am proud to say that despite my sailing close to the wind and courting controversy on occasion, I have never once been 'modded out'. :wink:
Indeed! If I remember correctly you are one of the few people who were not permanently banned just before Christmas. Polish that halo :D
mad?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now